aircraft.cfg ....save denial!!?

Pro Member Trainee
falconxxx Trainee

Can someone please tell me why I'm being denied to save the edits on my Flight Simulator X ....aircraft.cfg files???......
whenever I try to add repaint text it refuses to save the file!!!!! I have no such problem with simulator 9 !?
Thanks in advance

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Give us a little more details... are you using vista? If so... you will need to make a copy of the Aircraft.cfg file, and move it to your desktop, modify the file, then place it back in the proper aircraft folder and overwrite the existing file.

Pro Member Trainee
falconxxx Trainee

Thanks JLangevin, I finally figured it out...

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Well post your solution so others can learn from it.

Pro Member Trainee
falconxxx Trainee

Originally I was trying to modify the file without making a copy and saving it to documents.
What worked for me was.First I backed up my original file..then made a copy, named it aircraft, modify the file and saved it to documents...it only allowed me to save it to documents. In documents I saved the file as aircraft.cfg, then moved it back to aircraft folder.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...