Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

ALL APOLOGEEZ

porchmonkee Guest

Surrender MY sincer apolagees on my unwarrented behavior and for getting out of line, the other day on selflands!! I hope that i didn't offend anybody and that the damage isnot permanent! matter was dropped with me Embarassed porchmonkee

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I meant no harm either. Thumbs Up!

porchmonkee Guest

Thumbs Up! Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Cheers! everybody Exclamation

Pro Member Trainee
zakaree Trainee

I think porchmonkey might be confused.. In cat 2 and 3 situations you tune for the ILS approach.. but no one hits APP and CMDA engage and lets the plane land itself..
you manually fly the glideslope.. Your still flying instruments but you control the yoke. speed can be auto or not.. just depends

porchmonkee Guest

Laughing i can't believe this one got brought up again?? Rolling Eyes
so this dude is telling me that i can override my flight controlls with the aircraft all set up on auto-approach?????????
ok, dream on!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

porchmonkee Guest

There are three categories of ILS which support similarly named categories of operation.

Category I - A precision instrument approach and landing with a decision height not lower than 60 m (200 ft) above touchdown zone elevation and with either a visibility not less than 800 m or a runway visual range not less than 550 m. An aircraft equipped with an Enhanced Flight Vision System may, under certain circumstances, continue an approach to CAT II minimums. [14 CFR Part 91.175 amendment 281]
Category II - Category II operation: A precision instrument approach and landing with a decision height lower than 60 m (200 ft) above touchdown zone elevation but not lower than 30 m (100 ft), and a runway visual range not less than 350 m.
Category III is further subdivided
Category III A - A precision instrument approach and landing with:
a) a decision height lower than 30 m (100 ft) above touchdown zone elevation, or no decision height; and
b) a runway visual range not less than 200 m.
Category III B - A precision instrument approach and landing with:
a) a decision height lower than 15 m (50 ft) above touchdown zone elevation, or no decision height; and
b) a runway visual range less than 200 m but not less than 50 m.
Category III C - A precision instrument approach and landing with no decision height and no runway visual range limitations. A Category III C system is capable of using an aircraft's autopilot to land the aircraft.
In each case a suitably equipped aircraft and appropriately qualified crew are required. For example, Cat IIIc a fail operational system is required, Cat I does not. A Head-Up Display which allows the pilot to perform aircraft maneuvers rather than an automatic system is considered as fail operational. Cat I only goes off of altimeter indications for decision height, the Cat II and Cat III approaches go off the radar altimeter for a decision height

(Reference ICAO Annex 10 AERONAUTICAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS Volume 1 RADIO NAVIGATION AIDS 2.1.1)

An ILS is required to shut down upon internal detection of a fault condition as mentioned in the monitoring section. With the increasing categories, ILS equipment is required to shutdown faster since higher categories require shorter response times. For example, a Cat I localizer must shutdown within 10 seconds of detecting a fault, but a Cat III localizer must shutdown in less than 2 seconds. [1] Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Trainee
zakaree Trainee

porchmonkee wrote:

Laughing i can't believe this one got brought up again?? Rolling Eyes
so this dude is telling me that i can override my flight controlls with the aircraft all set up on auto-approach?????????
ok, dream on!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

HUH?
im just talkin about flying a manual ILS approach.. dont engage the autopilot.. just capture the ILS and fly.. i never said set up on auto-approach and override with flight controls