SP1 problem

Pro Member Trainee
Mavix Trainee

I recently patched my FSX.exe, thus rendering the game useless. I couldn't re-install it because my DVD rom had broken. I had SP1 installed with no problem. Yesterday I got a new DVD writer and installed FSX. After about 10 installs between then and now I've finally discovered that I would have to do without SP1. When I install it, the gauges in virtual cockpit mode don't go to their right places, and in 2D cockpit it blocks the view with a copy of the main panel. I couldn't get rid of either of the problems. Anybody had the same problem or got any help?
Thanks

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Im sorry to tell you that there is no work around... there are two reasons that it uses the disc.... first, to make sure you have a legit copy of FSX, if you do, then you will have the disc (not your case). It also uses the installer from the first disc to complete the patch.

Without it, you will have to find someone you know, and use their disc 1. I do not believe each disc is encoded with the serial number, so there shouldnt be a problem. This is certainly assuming that your copy is legal.

Pro Member Trainee
Mavix Trainee

JLangevin wrote:

Im sorry to tell you that there is no work around... there are two reasons that it uses the disc.... first, to make sure you have a legit copy of FSX, if you do, then you will have the disc (not your case). It also uses the installer from the first disc to complete the patch.

Without it, you will have to find someone you know, and use their disc 1. I do not believe each disc is encoded with the serial number, so there shouldnt be a problem. This is certainly assuming that your copy is legal.

I have a legal and legitimate and activated version of FSX. Every time I try to install SP1 is after I have activated FSX(successfully).

Pro Member Trainee
FTFUSA7 Trainee

1. UNINSTALL FSX
2. SEARCH OS BY FSX* AND DELETE ALL FINDS
3. DO A REGEDIT ON FSX AND DELETE ALL FINDS
4. SEARCH ON FSXSP1, EITHER UNINSTALL OR DELETE
5. WHEN SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY CLEAR OF ALL FSX ELEMENTS, CREATE A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT. THEN REINSTALL FSX, ACTIVATE IT AND THEN INSTALL SP1.

6. **YOU MAY WANT TO DEFRAG HD BEFORE RESTORE PT CREATION.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...