SP1 on FSX Trial version?

Pro Member Trainee
Remy (Remyx) Trainee

Hi,

Will SP1 install and bring any perf improvement on the trial version of FSX?

I have been delaying the purchase of FSX, since my "old" PC doesn't run it very well. Still fly mostly on FS9, and occasionally on FSX.

Has anyone tried this?

Thank you,
Remy

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

No idea.
If it wont install then your OK, if it does and ruins it.
Then you delete it and load a new one.
'What do you have to lose but time, consider it a learning experience.

My guess, it won't find the right path to install.
Prove me wrong. 😀

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Remy (Remyx) Trainee

The answer is NO.

SP1 requires the retail version of FSX. The install process doesn't even starts, it aborts after the initial splash screen.

Oh well, I'll keep the file on hand, and may spend some cash on the retail copy.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Remyx wrote:

The answer is NO.

SP1 requires the retail version of FSX. The install process doesn't even starts, it aborts after the initial splash screen.

Oh well, I'll keep the file on hand, and may spend some cash on the retail copy.

Pick it up on eBay.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...