First Repaint Help

Bmwdriver Guest

I need a little help. I am trying to do my first repaint and cant figure some things out. I have PSP, FSrepaint and DXTbmp.

I am trying to repaint the Carenado T34 Mentor and am having one heck of a time with it(might be to complex for me LOL). I started with the stock textures that came with the package(all metal in color/texture). Now the problem I am having is that I would like the aircraft to have a white base coat, and I just cant get the metal color to turn to white. I have tried everything I no of or have read online. so if someone can teach me how to change large areas of the aircraft from one color to a new color that would be great.

my seconded problem is I thought if I was to find someone’s repaint that had a white base coat I could use it to lay my own paint on top. Well this the point of my seconded frustration. the textures I found have a green pin stripe and I cant change or remove the green without losing the rivet detail under the color.

please help any way you can I am getting frustrated 😳

hopefully in the future I would also like to do some of the complex repaints that have the high gloss pictures on the textures.
thanks
Jason

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Check out the links in the first post.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/6187/tutorials/

BMWdriver Guest

I tried the links and i have adobe but it says the links are not valid/broken
also tried save as and that did not work

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

BMWdriver wrote:

I tried the links and i have adobe but it says the links are not valid/broken
also tried save as and that did not work

Try this one. It's the same site but a different link. It will thae you to the forum that has threads involving repainting. Hope it helps. 😉

Bmwdriver Guest

Man Vegasflyer i tried the new link and i got this message

Not Found
The requested URL /john/Lesson1.pdf was not found on this server.

not sure if it is my computer or not. thanks for the help but i guess i have to get this problem fixed before i can start m painting. lol

If you happen to know what might be the problem let me know.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

I think I foud it, they moved it here
http://www.projectopensky.com/files/
Enjoy! 😉

Bmwdrier Guest

Thats the ticket. worked perfectly (not my comp)

Now lets see if i have the brains to figure this paint stuff out.
thanks for the help Vegasflyer i may be looking for more REAL soon.

should the lessons be able to teach me how to do the basic color changes and such? I have not read through them yet!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

As I said I've no clue how to do repaints but I guess it should give you an idea about the basics of repainting. Good luck with it and come back with the results so we can all enjoy in your masterpieces! 😀 😉

Pro Member Trainee
stocz2 Trainee

Im in the same boat as you. I have just bought FS repainter, and i have photoshop 7.0. I downloaded DXTbmp, and having some problems here.
I also want to start learning how to repaint my AC.

I know there are alot of tutorials out there.

In FS repaint alot of my AC textures don't show up. I go to DXTbmp. but don't know what to save them as. or how to get them into FS repaint.

stocz2

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Read this tutorial, it might help

http://www.calclassic.com/repaint.htm

Good luck!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...