Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

i can never play my fsx again 136$ gone

Pro Member Trainee
ken (kennwaskiewicz) Trainee

ya my computer dosnt have starter up tings so i cant install any programs 4 some reson dlls? but i unistalled it cuz i axidently deleted some arcraft and i wanted a clean start is there any way i can get it bac?

Pro Member Trainee
chad_ryan86 Trainee

can't you re-install it?

Pro Member Trainee

when i do it says u can not cuz the memory has bin replaysed and it would not run proparly and i would be doing something illegal with the dlls. im 12 not the best speller so try to make it out

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

My first reccomendation would be to have your Dad or Mom try and figure out the problem, or call Microsoft Tech Support for you. I know when I let my 12 year old niece mess with the PC, bad things are bound to happen. Stop routing around in the file system!

Pro Member Trainee

well i think my freind destroed the starter up things 4 my computer cuz my 19 year old brother cant install any thing to so its not my falt my freind tryed to download vista on mine so maby that did it

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

You can trying the XP Recovery. If you have your XP disc, you can put it in, and instead of installing a new copy, use the "repair" feature. This will replace any missing files.

Pro Member Trainee
Sven2157 Trainee

Actually, If your friend tried to install Vista, and it did not go through, you have a BIG problem. Shocked

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation BEFORE TRYING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SOLUTIONS, GET PERMISSION FROM YOUR PARENTS, OR THE OWNER OF THE COMPUTER Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Idea
You need to contact Microsoft Tech Support and tell them that you had a Vista upgrade fail. When this happens, it changes your XP files, file structure, dll's, sys files, and so forth. Vista started changing your files, and then was interrupted. So it did not change those files back, and there is NO way of telling where it left off. If you were a little more expirienced you could do it yourself, but I would recommend calling MS. That copy of Vista is partially, or half installed, and XP is now corrupt. In other words, it will boot to XP, but when you are trying to install new software it has Vista taking over; thus a conflict occurs.

Arrow Problem with this solution is, you'll probably be on the phone for several HOURS, with someone that is halfway around the world and really hard to understand. Also this is not a guaranteed solution. Crying or Very sad

Exclamation BEFORE ATTEMPTING THE NEXT SOLUTION, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE PROPER SOFTWARE DISKS, SO YOU CAN RE-INSTALL YOUR PROGRAMS Exclamation OTHER WISE YOU MAY HAVE TO PURCHASE NEW DISKS Exclamation
Idea
The other solution is, to do a clean system install. This you can do completely by yourself. You NEED to have an original Windows XP Disk to do this! Not a System Restore Disk from the computer manufacturer. If you have the System Restore Disk, you need to find someone with an Original Windows XP Disk. You can legally use someone esle's copy of XP AS LONG AS YOU USE YOUR PRODUCT KEY!!!

And NO the XP disk does not know one computer, product key, or user from another! That's why you have to call in or use the internet to activate your copy of Windows (their systems know the difference). You can find the product key for your copy of Windows, somewhere on the side, back, top, bottom of your case, or in the paperwork that came with your computer.

Now...

Backup ALL your important files, not programs, to another drive or disk or where ever. 1. Pop in your XP disk, 2. choose new install, 3. select the partition that is the largest in file size, 4. choose delete, confirm deleting that partion, 5. continue with 5a or skip to 5b if no other partions are available, 5a. and then select any remaining partions and delete them, until it says "Raw Space (or something like that)", 5b. choose create a new partition, use the maximum amount of disk space allowed (keep in mind that about 8MB will be reserved for buffer space), 6. then choose install Windows XP.

At this point it will re-format your Hard Drive and re-install ALL of the Windows XP components and files.

Arrow Problem with this solution is, it still takes a couple hours, but this is a guaranteed solution! Also, you have to re-install ALL your programs and software, and then update windows, as well as all your software again! Confused

Those are your only real solutions as far as I can tell... Good luck... Wink

If you need further help email me at: ChiTwnFSX@gmail.com Smile

I'll be more than happy to help you, if I can..... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Sven2157 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee

k thanks

systemrecovery Guest

I was told by microsoft after a hard drive failure (locked up).
that i need the original sytem manufactures RECOVERY CD.
they also reffered me to www.recoverycd.com, i believe it was.
but the manufacturer of the computer had it too for the same price of $25 dollers and $2.98 for regular shipping & handling for XP home edition.
simply installed the new hard drive, popped in the recovery cd and installed, called the number and about 30 minutes i was on my way with XP home edition again.
i did need the info from on back of the computer, serial #, and old product key, and the computer model #, and what windows version.(they would know by the serial, and product key, and it says on that tag)
(i did lose all my info on my old hard drive, nuthin i could do when it locked up) Laughing

samename Guest
Pro Member Trainee
Sven2157 Trainee

Shocked Here is the problem with the Manufacturer's Recovery Disk. It DOES NOT Remove anything from your computer, it does not re-format the hard drive, and it does not install a fresh copy of windows on your machine.

What it does is creates a second partion and then installs a second copy of windows on your current hard drive. thus leaving all that crap on your hard drive, and leaving the problem still intact! Evil or Very Mad

This causes confusion for both the user and the computer. Plus it re-installs all the crap you spent hours locating and removing from your computer, put on there by the manufacturer.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND a system recovery CD from the manufacturer for this instance. Confused

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

Could anyone explain to me what the 'starter up things' are? I'm 15, good with computers and have (and beta tested) Vista so should know but, have no idea. I could help only if I could understand the post.

poopoo!!!!!!!!! Guest

I think the dudes BOOT records or somethin simple is messed up??????
not sure that XP does a repair if you still have original recovery disk?
Last I knew rocovery disks erased everything on yer drive and reinstalled the original windows like when you first bought yer computer??
and made a small lil partition with some ID info on it ???
probably be better to see a repair dude, who knows his poo-poo before listening to ten different ideas??

poopoo!!!!!!! Guest

OK, i read more, the JLavigny or what ever is right.
JL probably knows if XP does a repair!
that would be the best route after ya talked to a microsoft rep.
if the visty thing messed it up for good it looks like a recovery disk is the best option.
i was told if you have a friend or relative who has the same machine could lend you there original disk, hasta be a manufacturers original disk.
or ya could maybe just use a friends xp ta do a repair, check with microsoft first, and try there advantage forum!

Pro Member Trainee
Sven2157 Trainee

poopoo!!!!!!! wrote:

OK, i read more, the JLavigny or what ever is right.
JL probably knows if XP does a repair!
that would be the best route after ya talked to a microsoft rep.
if the visty thing messed it up for good it looks like a recovery disk is the best option.
i was told if you have a friend or relative who has the same machine could lend you there original disk, hasta be a manufacturers original disk.
or ya could maybe just use a friends xp ta do a repair, check with microsoft first, and try there advantage forum!

YOU SIR, ARE A Censored !!! READ FURTHER!!!! THEN READ WHAT I POSTED!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY BACKGROUND IN COMPUTERS? I HIGHLY QUESTION WHAT YOUR ANSWER MAY BE!!!

Censored by Radar

poopoo!!!!!!! Guest

Rolling Eyes IT takes a Censored to know one !
JL is absalutly right.
a simple repair from the recovery cd would probably fix the problem!
I certainly wouldn't listen to some blind person, and do all that he said for no known purpose, when the answer would be from a microsoft rep. on exactly what, and what options are available.
I'll just let the blind lead the blind and sit back and laugh.
but, i do hope and wish the dude does get there computer fixed, and running properly with out a big hassle! Wacko

Censored By Radar

grangsplitter Guest

Do you think a simple system resore may resolve the problem?
if they have a restore point before the problem happened?

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Relax guys, this isnt something worth figthing over... technically, we are all right.

You see, I do not buy or use manufactured computers, so i naturally assumed that this computer is using a stand alone copy of XP. If in fact, it is an HP, Dell, Alienware, whatever... the recover disc will return the PC to "shipped specs" - It DOES completely remove all system data, IF IN FACT YOU CHOOSE THAT AS THE OPTION.

If he is using a stand alone copy of XP, the Repair option WILL leave the file system and all its contents intact, but it will replace all system files... and hopefully those that are missing.

Im not sure what he is reffering to as the "Starter up thingie" - I mean, plain english sometimes is good, but this is just too plain. Is he reffering to the windows boot screen, auto run for the discs, etc... if he cannot get into windows, then he has no choice but to at least boot from the CD, and try a recovery/repair.

If he loses his data, games, music, movies, or whatever else... its just a hard lesson to learn when children start playing around with the PC.

Pro Member Trainee
Sven2157 Trainee

If you read the original postings, you would have saw that his freind tried to install Vista on the machine.

When this happened the Vista Installation started copying files and changing all of XP's files and structures.

Unfortunately, the Vista installation never completed, thus stopping and not returning the original XP files to their respective states. This causes conflicts with the system, as some of the XP files were never changed.

This in turn causes the functionality of the OS to be corrupt.

In my original posting I recommended that the user try the system recovery, contact Microsoft to have them walk the user through uninstalling the Vista files and repairing the XP files. However, this was not a guaranteed fix, as no one knows how far the Vista installation actually went.

The second solution I presented was to do a clean install of XP. This solution was a guaranteed fix.

The statement I made about the Manufacturer's System Recovery disk, was that it could not be used to do the clean install. The reason I presented to the user, was due to the fact that it is just a recovery disk and does not contain the required files to completely reformat the hard drive, and install a fresh copy of XP to the system. It will just create another partioned space on the hard drive; leaving the user at half capacity with their drive and two bootable OS's.

Pro Member Trainee
Sven2157 Trainee

poopoo!!!!!!! wrote:

Rolling Eyes IT takes a Censored to know one !
JL is absalutly right.
a simple repair from the recovery cd would probably fix the problem!
I certainly wouldn't listen to some blind person, and do all that he said for no known purpose, when the answer would be from a microsoft rep. on exactly what, and what options are available.
I'll just let the blind lead the blind and sit back and laugh.
but, i do hope and wish the dude does get there computer fixed, and running properly with out a big hassle! Wacko

poopoo!!!!!!!, I do appologize sir for calling you a Censored . I was out of line when I did so. Embarassed

So I am sorry for that.

Also, I am a Senior Tech Support for a rather large international company. I fix computers on a very large scale everyday. From hardware and software, to mainframes and the entire intranet within the company. I would never tell anyone something they should do if I personally wouldn't do it myself, or have no idea of what I am speaking about.

All that you had said for the kid to do, I had previously stated in my original post.

Once again, I am sorry for calling you a Censored , as you didn't know what my background is, I do not know what your background is either....

Peace Wink

Sven2157

Censored by Radar

Last edited by Sven2157 on Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Sven, I think that the bottom line is that there are quite a few factors involved that will effect the solution for this problem... firs thing he needs to do is to call er.. have his PARENTS call Microsoft... As long as everything is legit, including the copy of Vista he attempted to install, all will be ok in the end, and the worst it will do it cost the loss of a free MS help ticket.

poopoo!!!!!!!!! Guest

Major computer manufacturers usually ship their computers with one or more hard drive data recovery CDs (also known as Windows Recovery CDs, hard drive restore CDs or hard drive data restore CDs). Other manufacturers may supply the recovery data on a special part of the hard drive which is commonly known as the recovery partition.

The Windows Recovery CDs - hard drive data recovery CDs are specifically designed for your PC, usually contain an image of what was on the computers hard drive when it was first bought, & they allow you to return the machine to its original state (as new).

The Windows Recovery CDs - hard drive data recovery CDs are also sometimes referred to as Windows installation CDs because they completely erase the contents of your hard drive & then re-install your operating system (Windows). However, they differ from normal Windows installation disks in that they usually restore all programs which were originally installed on the hard drive when the PC was first purchased (any additional programs or files which were not originally installed will be overwritten).

This is particularly useful if the machine has been attacked by a virus, if the original hard drive has developed a fault, or if you simply wish to replace or upgrade the hard drive, & need to re-install your original software.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Lets cool it with the name calling guys.
Remember it's easier for me to delete a thread than edit it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Sven2157 Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

Roger that sir....

I was appologizing for starting it, and everyone seemed to, "forgive and forget.." But why did you edit my name at the end of my last post?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sven2157 wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

Roger that sir....

I was appologizing for starting it, and everyone seemed to, "forgive and forget.." But why did you edit my name at the end of my last post?

If I edited you name it was just an accident while putting my edit at the bottom.
Nothing intentional.
It would be easier if many words here were fed into the word filter.

Radar