Fastest small plane

Joey890 Guest

What's the fastest small plane? What I mean by that is what a the fastest plane that is small, like a F-16 Viper, that kind of size, not big like a B-52. I heard the F-16 Viper was the fastest, and I'm currently using a EF-111 Raven and I got it to go 1000 knots and 74,000 feet. But I want something faster than that.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

In real life the F-16 is quick but not among the fastest (Mach 2.1). F-14 is faster (Mach 2.4) and F-15, faster still (Mach 2.5). F-111 is also capable of around Mach 2.5. You could also try a MiG-29 (Mach 2.3), MiG-31 (Mach 2.eight) or MiG-25 (Mach 3.1 very brief dash top end). Besides the Blackbird, pretty well anything else is in the F-16's speed range or below. Which reminds me, I could never figure out why we Canadians bought the F-18 as an "interceptor" replacement, with a Mach 1.8 top end?! Good luck catching anything with that. (We did get a good deal on them though)

(Taken from many years of reading posted specs on these aircraft)

Pro Member Trainee
JP (jpalmer2004) Trainee

Canada has a military? Wow i didn't know that Read

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

a cessna citation 10 or a xb-70 i got the xb70 to 1894

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

what about the F-22 raptor?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I think the JSF is faster than the raptor... but I do not have hard figures on that... have to research and get back to you.

Pro Member First Officer
W3CPR First Officer

Hi... I would suggest looking at the movie "The Arrow" which was way ahead of any aircraft at the time but due to politics and other problems it
never reached production. This aircraft was the fastest of any fighter at
the time and still might hold some of the records today. Most of the engineers that worked for Avro ended up at NASA. The movie is very interesting and is quite long and leaves you wondering what happened to one of the aircraft that was rescued before they chopped them all up for scrap.

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

I wouldn't call the Avro Arrow small... it was huge!

Alphasim sell one and there is a payware coming soon from Xtreme Prototypes.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...