SearchSearch 

Add-ons - Thoughts / Good-Bad / for the following:

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Hello fellow simmers -

Have been "contemplating" Add-Ons, providing you folks have tried them and that they get good reviews.

xGraphics (my understanding this deals with clouds/water/buildings
MyTrafficX
FS Global (my understanding this deals more with land textures)
FS Live Cockpit

Of course, they "all" sound good - my concern is "are they that good" and do they "sledge-hammer" your fps????

My setup for now - Anthlon Single Core 2.85Ghz - 3 gig Ram - 8800GTS 640 meg / 22" WScreen Monitor -
NOW getting 20-30fps in air - heavy airports, 8-14fps...............

Your input and thoughts are always appreciated.

cthiggin 😕

8 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

Well, I can only review 3 of them:

X Graphics: One of the best addons you can get. Very realistic and hardly any (I don't think there was any) FPS hit.

MyTrafficX: I don't like this one. It was quite hard to configure, gave quite a high framerate hit and the planes it added were small in amount and didn't move at all. (But that's my opinion, maybe someone else had better luck)

FDC Live Cockpit: My friend and I both have it but unfortunately, it doesn't work for me (I'm trying to fix that). My friend though, says that its a very good addon and didn't mention any FPS hit.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here is XGraphic, I like it.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/29139/storm/#180284

Traffic X I don't know about it but I had Ultimate Traffic in 2004 and now they have it for FSX and I liked it before.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Thanks to all and Radarman -

So, I can be assured the xGraphic 2008 is "awesome" with minimal fps hit - And I can assume this programs deals with primarily - Clouds, Water, Structures such as buildings????? Am I correct????

Little response on FS Global - which again, I understand deals with ground textures????? - It has good reviews, but I don't buy without your folks blessings?

Thanks so much and I watch for your follow up.

cthiggin

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check this out and it'll tell you what it covers.

http://www.hifisim.com/xgraphics.html

Radar

Guest

RadarMan wrote:

Check this out and it'll tell you what it covers.

http://www.hifisim.com/xgraphics.html

Radar

RadarMan this program mentions so much about I can't see them mention that they have improved upon is the trees. So are the trees also tweaked or has this been left out ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Check this out and it'll tell you what it covers.

http://www.hifisim.com/xgraphics.html

Radar

RadarMan this program mentions so much about I can't see them mention that they have improved upon is the trees. So are the trees also tweaked or has this been left out ?

No, it doesn't support trees.

Check out his downloads.

http://www.flightsimulationforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3148

All of this.

User-friendly interface

- Ability to save & recall themes

- Preview texture variations via slideshow format

- 3d clouds resolution options for performance preference

- Ultra-realistic custom 3d clouds; thousand of combinations with your preffered cloud types of Stratus, Wispy and Solid Cumulus

- Highly realistic rendering of cirrus clouds as seen in the real world

- SkyScape technology builds realistic cloud rendering

- Realistic day, dusk, & dawn sky color with smoothing horizon transition & visibility smoothing

- Multiple variations of sun, lens flare, moon & lightning bolt available

- Dramatic new thunderstorm & precipitation sounds

- New realistic type of wave and reflection included in many variations for shader 1x and shader 2x

- Incredible new water color variations for inland, ocean and tropical

- Airport environment enhancements affecting all airports in the FSX world, including concrete runways, asphalt runways, asphalt taxiways, concrete taxiways, taxiway marks, ground bumpmapping and hard winter runways all available in many user-selectable variations

- New airport clutter gives illusion of ground baggage handling, airport parking and general photorealistic airport ground scenery

- New roads, railroads, runway lights & aircraft lights

- Supports advanced integration with ASX

- Made for FSX

Radar

Guest

Thanks RadarMan for the link and with X-Graphics once you have purchased it does it allow you to update new versions free or do you have to buy a upgrade?

From my understanding you can tweak X-Graphics to suit you personal choice to how you want things to look is that correct and I believe you said there isn't much of a frame rate hit correct?

Sorry for all the questions but this program looks like a great addition and something that would go along way to improve on the standard crap FSX offers.

Thx

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Thanks RadarMan for the link and with X-Graphics once you have purchased it does it allow you to update new versions free or do you have to buy a upgrade?

From my understanding you can tweak X-Graphics to suit you personal choice to how you want things to look is that correct and I believe you said there isn't much of a frame rate hit correct?

Sorry for all the questions but this program looks like a great addition and something that would go along way to improve on the standard crap FSX offers.

Thx

If there are bugs I'm sure they will patch it.
Will it work or be upgraded for the next version of MSFS, your guess is as good as mine.

I didnt notice and change in FPS and you'll be tweaking forever, there are so many choices and settings.

Radar

All times are GMT Page 1 of 1

Related Questions