Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

SLI question

Smailey112 Guest

Im looking to buy more parts for my computer.

And then I saw this great deal on tigerdirect.com, telling me that if i bought a Q6600, I would get a 8800 GTS 640mb superclocked, a 680 motherboard and 2 gig of RAM for only 1000$

But this is my question,

I have a 8800 GTS 640mb, and would the one I get on the deal work in SLI??
Im asking this because of the SUPERCLOKED thing...

Thanks for quick reply, form the people that can understand my question😀

Smailey

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Even with Sp1 FSX does not support Sli, so If X is the only game you are playing don't bother with Sli.

And if it does work in Sli while Superclocked it should say somewhere but I think the 8800 gts will.

Last edited by Ryan (737FLIER) on Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
Ravie Trainee

i think his question was

can u sli a 8800GTS and a 8800 GTS Superclocked

i have no idea... lol

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

I said if you can Sli it superclocked it should say, read the post before commenting. I went backa n bolded it for you as well 😎

Pro Member Trainee
Ravie Trainee

it comes superclocked and is basically another type of card to a normal 8800gts

Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

I have a 7900GTO which I am able to SLi with any another 7900 eg GTX, GT etc if required.
As long as it is the same type card then you should be okay. The faster card will clock down to the speed of the slower card.

Smailey112 Guest

Thanks man, I think I will try to buy this thing.... But off course, im waiting for the intel price drop in July 22.

I hope my computer will become very good after this!

I will have:

Intel core 2 quad 6600
Geforce 8800 GTS SLI
EVGA nForce 680i SLI NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard (A1 Version)
OCZ Reaper HPC Dual Channel 2048MB PC9200 DDR2

Hoping this computer will make FSX smooth😀

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Seems like if you spend that much you can pick your parts. I didn't go looking but try www.zipzoomfly.com . This is my fav site for computer parts...free shipping, too. Been using them for about 5 years. E 6700 or quad seems to be the sweet spot. And I would go for Vista and 4 G Ram as well
(dirX 10)Good Luck, rob

PhilTaylor Guest

737FLIER wrote:

Even with Sp1 FSX does not support Sli, so If X is the only game you are playing don't bother with Sli.

And if it does work in Sli while Superclocked it should say somewhere but I think the 8800 gts will.

I suggest you read
http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/03/03/fsx-more-on-sli-and-multi-core.aspx

before stating FSX doesnt support SLI, as thats not a true reading of what is going on.

the problem is not that FSX doesnt support SLI, the problem is the app is CPU bound and thus doesnt show the benefit until 19x12 and 8x or 16x AA.

SLI is done by the driver, all the app needs to do is avoid 1 or 2 "bad behaviors" and SLI just works.

Pro Member First Officer
Greg West (BashDaBish) First Officer

PhilTaylor - It would be nice if you could become a permanent fixture on these forums. Lots of questions like this are asked frequently with varying replies.

Good to see you visit this place 👍

Of course, I am assuming it is the Phil Taylor.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

BashDaBish wrote:

PhilTaylor - It would be nice if you could become a permanent fixture on these forums. Lots of questions like this are asked frequently with varying replies.

Yes, I usually check the IP to be sure it's him and not a jerk-joker feeding us wrong information.

Radar

PhilTaylor Guest

BashDaBish wrote:

Yes, it is me. I do try to visit all of the 7 different forums I post on fairly regularly, and I posted on 2 more threads today. It just depends on how busy I am with my day job Smile.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

PhilTaylor wrote:

BashDaBish wrote:

Yes, it is me. I do try to visit all of the 7 different forums I post on fairly regularly, and I posted on 2 more threads today. It just depends on how busy I am with my day job Smile.

Phil,
I know I have a small new forum but stop by if you get the chance.
The overwhelming majority of the members are "hard core" simmers.
That was the original intention of the forum.
Thanks.
http://www.flightsimulationforums.com/
RM