Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Automated PIREP

Anthony Katosh Guest

I would be most grateful to anyone that knows a little about PHP/MySQL in order to develop an automated PIREP system for South East Airways(Virtual) Services.

Anyone kind enough to give a few hints (as in an idiots guide to..)can email me at

pay7274@hotmail.com

thanks
Anthony Katosh

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Lots of PHP/MySQL programming go on here at Fly Away Smile

If you could give an exact idea of what you wanted, we might be able to help.

anthony katosh Guest

want i need is somthing simple, a program (pirep) that pilots would log in with there id and password, file a flight report and it would add all the data needed for me.

for ex.

dep time

time in route

plane used

dep

arrivel

vatsim id

cargo/pass

ok say all thats filled out an pilot A has 2 hours and he just flew a hour long flight, the system would add it to the roster under his name instead of me having to do it myself.

secondly if possible would like a log book for each pilot. it would keep a record of all the flights, were they took of at arrived, time, plane cargo or pass flight.

any help would be great. will consider paying for this

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

I will get all of this forwarded onto Ian (webmaster) and see what he can do Smile

anthony katosh Guest

hey man thanks, you can get back with me here or at

pay7274@hotmail.com

Anthony Katosh Guest

any luck???????????????

Sun King Guest

Same here, if anyone can help

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Is the 4th down what your looking for Dont Know

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004utilities5.htm

Radar

Sun King Guest

I don't know, let me try it all out.

Sun King Guest

nope, not what I was looking for.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Sun King wrote:

nope, not what I was looking for.

Sorry, it was the only one I could find.
I've never used one so looking for it was just guesswork.
Good luck.

Radar

Hello i am the CEO of BlueJet Virtual Airlines and i am also curious on this aswell. we have got 3 succesful PIREP methods already but i have to add the hours myself on the online PIREP form, im sure pilots would prefer if they could look at their flight log straight after filing. can you give me any webmasters email address or URLs that can help me out on setting up a php/msaccess or php/MySQL database on the website in which i can place the FS_ACARS 4.0.15 on so that once a pilot has had his/her flight recorded using FSACARS they can press send log and then it will show up their times on the website (.php page)???

Thanks any help would be greatful Wink

just email me on bluejetceo@hotmail.co.uk

Glenn McLoughlin
CEO
BlueJet Virtual Airlines

Pro Member Trainee
Toby Turlington (vdd2096) Trainee

Good Afternoon Everyone.

I know this is a very old topic but here it goes anyway

My name to Toby Turlington. I am creating a Pirep System in PHP/MySQL.

I am re-creating the system but using the same database operations as the old system.

Once the New System is complete. I will be having a downloadable version for all Virtual Airlines to download and it will have a Database Installer with it.

Again, a view at both systems is located here..

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Chief Captain

If your still looking for a automated PIREP why don't you try VAFS witch is really good i use it for my VA

http://www.vafinancials.com/

But at the moment its haveing updates so the site go's down now and then but don't stay down for long

Pro Member Trainee
Roger Bates (zrotzel) Trainee

VAfinancials is the way to go.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Chief Captain

zrotzel wrote:

Thats true 100% the creater is now bringing out VAFS 3 witch is soposed to be 80% better than VAFS 2

Can't wait.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Ok i will admit I am a lil lost on the whole idea of the VA... I use FSPassengers... wouldn't that allow me to do all I need to do in a VA?

Why wouldn't someone just use FSPassengers then transmit the info to whomever is in charge of the VA for records keeping?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

Ok i will admit I am a lil lost on the whole idea of the VA... I use FSPassengers... wouldn't that allow me to do all I need to do in a VA?

Why wouldn't someone just use FSPassengers then transmit the info to whomever is in charge of the VA for records keeping?

I would agree. BUT. Not everybody has it and it is not freeware, and some people don't want to pay money just for a VA Wink Unless your based out of KSFO and ONLY KSFO then it is not viable Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Good point... forgot I had to buy it.... so then it makes me wonder how come someone has not come up with a free version yet that does what VAs need.... or have they?

Pro Member Trainee
Buttons11 Trainee

zrotzel wrote:

I disagree. They have very little Helo support and not to mention there scripts aren't up all the time. And when they do get them up, everyone is screwed because you have to fiddle with new software.
To me thats a big waste of time. I will give them one thing. Thats the ease of use for Some va's not all.
If you want to be lazy and have someone else do it for you, then go right ahead and use VAFS. But why not take a chance to learn something and have it for yourself?

Pro Member Trainee
joergenlo Trainee

Check out the system here!

www.atlanticskies.com

It automatically gets all the info needed for registration, and you can get the routes and everything through it!

Really nice!