Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

What does FSX look like on DX10?

Pro Member First Officer
Spoty101 First Officer

Does anybody know or have any pictures oh what FSX looks like on DX10?

here's it is:

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Guset that is not a picture all I see it a period at the bottom. Here I have directX 10. Keep in mind this is as low end as direct X 10 comes. So this is not near what the powerful Direct X 10 card's can put out.

you might have a DX10 graphics card
you might be running VISTA
but FSX is NOT on DX10, so your pictures are NOT DX10

Pro Member First Officer

OK, I am sorry I mis read the question, here is FSX in DirectX 9

And this is what it might look like in DirectX 10.

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

DX10 for FSX is still being worked on at the moment and should be out later this year

PhilTaylor Guest

737FLIER wrote:

OK, I am sorry I mis read the question, here is FSX in DirectX 9

And this is what it might look like in DirectX 10.

those are "artistic impressions" and are not real renderings. lets agree to not use those images.

Pro Member First Officer

Let's not agree, those are the best guess at what Direct X 10 Will look like. I did not say this is what direct X 10 Will Look like, I said the is what direct X 10 might look like.

PhilTaylor Guest

737FLIER wrote:

Let's not agree, those are the best guess at what Direct X 10 Will look like. I did not say this is what direct X 10 Will Look like, I said the is what direct X 10 might look like.

I can tell you right now that your statement "these are the best guess at what DX10 <verb of your choice> look like" is false regardless of whether the verb is will, might, should, could, etc.

You can ignore the product team if you will, but usually that isnt wise.

As I have stated with my 1st DX10 progress report post, sometime in the next 6 weeks or so I will be back to talk DX10 features.

Until then anything, including these images previously released by us, is rank speculation.

Phil:

Thanks for the update.

Whatever it will be, we know it is going to be good.

Let's wait for the next update in 6 weeks or so...

Good simming !

Pro Member First Officer

PhilTaylor wrote:

737FLIER wrote:

I can tell you right now that your statement "these are the best guess at what DX10 <verb of your choice> look like" is false regardless of whether the verb is will, might, should, could, etc.

As I have stated with my 1st DX10 progress report post, sometime in the next 6 weeks or so I will be back to talk DX10 features.

Until then anything, including these images previously released by us, is
rank speculation.

What ever I am leaving my post becasue I think it answers his question.

737FLIER wrote:

PhilTaylor wrote:

737FLIER wrote:

Until then anything, including these images previously released by us, is
rank speculation.

What ever I am leaving my post becasue I think it answers his question.

how could you know it "might" look like that ???
did you speak to anyone on the dx10 development team ?
are you one of the developers ?
do you have inside knowledge ?

what you are doing is nothing more than regurgitating what you read on the World-Wide-Web... (ie hearsay)
you have NO credibility, no substance, no authority on the subject.

get real

Pro Member First Officer

You get real. It might be a black screen, you don't know. I can say whatever I want. It could look like anything. Instead of sitting there acting like and 8 year old Why don't you say what you think it might look like.

Bottom line I am not changing my post with the pictures. And alos , grow up guest. 😉

737flier 😉

like Phil said... wait.

Pro Member Trainee
Bartfs Trainee

737FLIER wrote:

You get real. It might be a black screen, you don't know. I can say whatever I want. It could look like anything. Instead of sitting there acting like and 8 year old Why don't you say what you think it might look like.

Bottom line I am not changing my post with the pictures. And alos , grow up guest. 😉

737flier 😉

Well spoken 😉 👍

do you know who is Phil ?

PhilTaylor Guest

Anonymous wrote:

do you know who is Phil ?

currently, I am "Senior PM, Graphics and Terrain - Aces Studio".

given the DX10 plan is my plan, one would think I do know a little about how it might look at the end.

Pro Member First Officer

Senior PM my foot. Can we just forget about it. That is what directX 10 Might look like, period.

PhilTaylor2 Guest

737FLIER wrote:

Senior PM my foot. Can we just forget about it. That is what directX 10 Might look like, period.

Foot:Hello Phil
Phil:Hello foot.

I am indeed the Phil Taylor, who is Senior PM in Aces, and who blogs at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ptaylor/ RadarMan can validate my IP if you like.

As you said before, you can say anything you like. That doesnt mean it has any value. And in this case it does not.

Guest2 Guest

Geez,you would think some of the posters here would do a little homework before they start blabbering on.

Pro Member First Officer

Here I will put this as simple as I can. I don't care who you are or what you do, The picture I posted is the best guess at what DirectX10 will look like. If you have a better picture you post that, but that is the best guess at what it might look like that I know of.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes that is PhilT.
Would you tell Bill Gates how to build Windows or Henry Ford how to build autos.
This man is a software developer, he works on FSX and previous versions.
I do believe that his credentials are a bit better than ours.
If I may paraphrase a commercial..."when Phil speaks we should listen.".

This site is fortunate that he comes here and gives us information that's up to date not guess work or imaginary photoshopped screenshots.

Do I kiss ***, no I appreciate knowing what going on in the Flight Sim world without hunting for it.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

I posted the best guess at what direct X 10 would look like. If he wants to post a better picture feel free to but until then that is the best guess at what it will look like. And yes I would tell Henry ford how to build cars, His cars don't get good gas mileage 😂

737FLIER wrote:

I posted the best guess at what direct X 10 would look like. If he wants to post a better picture feel free to but until then that is the best guess at what it will look like. And yes I would tell Henry ford how to build cars, His cars don't get good gas mileage 😂

Phil said "wait".

and he is not asking us to wait forever, only a few more weeks.

now stop acting like a seven year old.

KurtCobain Guest

😳 WOW dude, I would like to read your blog. Think maybe you could fix the Http error 404 in yer link for us?????? 😕

PhilTaylor Guest

KurtCobain wrote:

😳 WOW dude, I would like to read your blog. Think maybe you could fix the Http error 404 in yer link for us?????? 😕

I dont know why the link doesnt work, because if I type it in by hand then it works.

but try this

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/default.aspx

Pro Member First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

737FLIER wrote:

Phil said "wait".

and he is not asking us to wait forever, only a few more weeks.

now stop acting like a seven year old.

You quit acting like a 6 year old 😀

PhilTaylor Guest

PhilTaylor wrote:

KurtCobain wrote:

I dont know why the link doesnt work, because if I type it in by hand then it works.

but try this

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/default.aspx

edit: its the period at the end of the link, take that out and it works.