Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

2 near misses

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Here's a screenshot when my brother delibrately near missing a Mooney about a month or so ago.

This screenshot is more recent that I took-near missing a Grand Caravan.

Please comment!

Pro Member Captain
vlad (tiger7881) Captain

these are nice pics, but try not to show your aircraft name and stuff like that written in red on top. Wink Wink

Pro Member Captain
Steve (SpiderWings) Captain

Scary

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Nice shots, but this is what i call a near miss Shocked , sometimes the FS9 ATC leaves a lot to be desired Very Happy ! I was happily cruising along and this happened, came as a bit of a shock! You don't need this at 30,000ft!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

That's a nice shot caught at the right moment, but an unreal situation. That's a good lookin' DC-10 or MD-11 you have flyin'. I really miss those birds on the airports. Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I wish I would have gotten a better picture of that near miss when I was landing in Miami lol... those are freaky....

Pro Member Captain
lenin Captain

nice shots there! Does make a flight more interesting doesn't it!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

That's a nice shot caught at the right moment, but an unreal situation. That's a good lookin' DC-10 or MD-11 you have flyin'. I really miss those birds on the airports. Very Happy

just go to a poor country their bound to have em they still fly tri motors in some countries Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

JarJarBinks wrote:

VegasFlyer wrote:

just go to a poor country their bound to have em they still fly tri motors in some countries Shocked

That is true , but that's mostly in Africa...

Pro Member First Officer
UG_PL First Officer

Sweet....

few days ago I was flying a A340-300 at about 30,000FT when a 777 came about 100FT away from me ,the scary thing is that ATC did not mention anything.....

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Nice shots, but this is what i call a near miss Shocked , sometimes the FS9 ATC leaves a lot to be desired Very Happy ! I was happily cruising along and this happened, came as a bit of a shock! You don't need this at 30,000ft!

yea and they dont tell you that there is an aircraft near you until you pass it and it is behind you. lol it has happened to me before aswell. Thank you atc.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Similar things happen on ground too. Many times ATC doesn't warn other aircraft that I'm pushing back and I'm in their path so they need to stop. It annoys me very much, and if you have your detect crashes checked, than you know what I'm talking about.

Pro Member Captain
Steve (SpiderWings) Captain

How about this one? I was in the Vimy and heard the sound of jet engines overhead. Apparently ATC thought I'd come in and get out of the way quicker than is possible in a Vimy. They did tell the 747 to go around just as I paused for the picture.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

It's a good thing jumbo didn't blow you away. Great shot SW! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

i remeber a i was on the runway and a tristar hit the control building i was on the runway. i thought TERRORIST! Shocked