Pilot shoulder stripes (i know this has nothing todo with fs

gdcom-2 Guest

Hey people im 18 and from the UK. Got a question i've always wanted to know. I am going to start my flying lessons again and would like to know whether anyone getting or has their PPL wears pilots uniform (shirt, tie 'Stripes') because i'd like to look the part as well as be the part or do you think i would just look like a fool lol. Any feedback will be appriciated.

All the best
John 😀

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Stay with the civies for now. You are not yet a pilot. 😂

gdcom-2 Guest

Ye but i mean't when i GET my PPL.

All the best
John

PH Guest

I would steer well clear of the stripes even with a PPL..... or CPL for that matter unless you are instructing where it is part of the uniform or a commercial pilot.

GDCOM-18 Guest

just out of ceriosity why stay well clear? is it something do with security or something?

All the best
John

PH Guest

No nothing to do with security more to do with one becoming a target for humour! I have been through the system in the UK up to commercial level and have seen people in flying suits with helmet (helmet sometimes not a bad idea but that is another story) getting into C150's which is in my opinion laughable and the stripes are really not necessary. I have an old captains jacket in the garage if you want it!!

GDCOM-18 Guest

Really PH??? if you are serious that would be awsome!! om begining to think that your right about the flying uniform Embarassed lol maybe when i become a commercial pilot instead 😎 . thanks anyway

All the best
John

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Do you plan on going on to be an ATP? THEN you'll get a uniform. Otherwise, i dont think you should get one even if you get your commercial rating.

dickpilot Guest

I think you sound like you are more in love with the wearing a uniform than flying aircraft.

I was more concerned with how to fund £50000 towards flying training. It was only when eventually getting a job that I realised that I actually felt worthy of wearing a uniform.

I advise putting a lot of time, effort and money into training and trying to convince an airline that you are the right stuff! It worked for me!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...