Uninstalling Add Ons

FlyboyFred Guest

Could someone please let me know how to uninstall the add on planes. I have uninstalled FS2004 and re-installed and yet the addon planes and related files just keep comming back?

How do you clean all this mess up and start clean again...

Thanks for your help guys

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try dropping in disk #1 first and see if it asks you if you want to do a complete uninstall or to leave add-on aircraft.
Uninstall in the control panel (add-remove programs). Then go into your program go files/Microsoft Games/and delete the flight sim 9 folder.
Lastly make a search for "flight" and delete anything that has to do with that.
Make sure you delete the folder in "My Documents" also.
Some MS software lets you keep add-on's when you reinstall.

Radar

Flyboyfred Guest

Radar Man !!!!

You're the Captain !!!

All is solved and A-OK... All my old add-ons are cleared up and starting with a clean slate

Thanks much for your help...

Much Appreciated

FlyboyFred

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Fantastic!
It'll be an entirely new clean sim, don't forget to patch it. Since it a new install the patch should work very easily.
Enjoy!

Radar

Flyboyfred Guest

Radar Man... Thanks for your response...

You mentioned patching the re-install of FS2004... Is there a specific patch that I should be looking for? Is it required?

Thanks again

Flyboyfred

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Is it necessary, no but it does add objects and help the fps some. Read and decide.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/downloads.asp

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...