Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Flight Around the World 5

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Well, it's here again. I'm flying around the world for the fifth time with Traffic 2005. I can't wait to find new real-world airlines! Here's my flight routes:

Newark to Madrid to London to Paris to Frankfurt to Rome to Baghdad to Dubai to Singapore to Hong Kong to Taipei to Seoul to Tokyo to La Paz to Bogota to Newark.

I'm flying in an EVA Air Airbus A380.

Call sign is EVA 7768 heavy.

I know my aircraft textures stink but there's nothing that I can do about it except to hope that the logo and paint job will appear sometime during my flight.

Newark to Madrid

Bye bye Newark and hello Madrid!

night textures are cruddy-how can you fix them-these are the night textures I've been talking about.

Taxing in

Welcome to Madrid!

Last edited by KevinTsai on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Madrid to London

Heading to Heathrow after spending a day or so in Madrid.

At the gate-finally the most of the textures loaded up!

Alright guys now let's head out! Got myself trying to squeeze in a little between a few airplanes.

See ya Madrid!

Crusing to London

Final approach to London

Touch down!

Taxing to the gate. Is that a Concorde I see?

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to London Heathrow!

Please comment!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

That must have been a long flight! Shocked You made some pretty cool shots but none of the aircraft liverie loaded plus ATC boxes are open on all shots! I bet if you waited a second longer liveries would have loaded and it would have looked much better! Wink

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

VegasFlyer wrote:

That must have been a long flight! Shocked You made some pretty cool shots but none of the aircraft liverie loaded plus ATC boxes are open on all shots! I bet if you waited a second longer liveries would have loaded and it would have looked much better! Wink

I used time compression-again, and the textures on my A380 don't load up usually for some reason. You have to be lucky and wait at a given time to see ALL of the textures.

London to Paris is coming up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

Wow that must of been a long flight just like vegas flyer said. I love the a380.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

After having breakfast, sightseeing, and having tea time in London, it's time to move on to Paris, France where we will go to a fancy French restaurant for dinner and check into a hotel for a night.

Left the gate at around 4 P.M.

Taxing to runway

Climbing up to 20,000 feet

At FL200

Look the textures loaded up again!

Time to descent to Paris!

Smooth landing!

Taxing to the gate

Bonjour ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to Paris!

Got to Paris between 5 and 6 P.M. Now lets go have some dinner!

Paris to Frankfurt next!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Cool shots!

Pro Member First Officer
JP (jpalmer2004) First Officer

Good to know im not the only one dealing with a slow pc.........i would fly longer hauls but i can't cause i only have one pc..after i get my fast pc im gonna do more long flights...i've always wanted to fly from L.A to tokyo......But then again i can just increase the simulation rate...But thats cheating lol....

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

The next day.

Paris to Frankfurt

departed around 9 A.M. 7/6/07

Look guys all of the aircraft textures loaded up!

Bye Paris!

Crusing at FL320

Uh oh-we're heading into some thunderstorms!

Storms cleared up-time to descent into Frankfurt!

final approach

another smooth landing!

taxing to gate

welcome to Frankfurt!

arrived in Frankfurt near 10 A.M.

Let's go sightseeing for a couple of hours!

P.S. The computer crashed because I fiddled with the Mipmap quality. I was going to send you another screenshot of me parked at the gate with other planes but I can't. Sorry!

Frankfurt to Rome is coming up!

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Later that day...

Alright folks, time to go to Italy!

Frankfurt to Rome

Left Frankfurt around 3 P.M.

Bye bye Frankfurt...

...and hello Rome!

Got to Rome at around 4:30 P.M.

We'll stay here for 3 to 4 days and depart for Baghdad on Monday or Tuesday.

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

Well in the first set of pictures you landed at 147 kias and that is a pretty slow for a big aircraft like that. If a boeing 767 lands at 149 and a fully 747 lands at 165 then that should land some where near that I would think. I like the screenshots though the graphics could be a little better. Please someone correct me if I am wrong because I would like to know the answer.

Last edited by bawls327 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

bawls327 wrote:

Well in the first set of pictures you landed at 147 kias and that is a pretty slow for a big aircraft like that. If a boeing 767 lands at 149 and a fully 747 lands at 165 then that should land some where near that I would think. I like the screenshots though the graphics could be a little better. Then the cruising speed in one is 468 now I would think that is a little fast but I am not a a380 expert. Please someone correct me if I am wrong because I would like to know the answer.

Do you mean when I landed in London? Well, actually I approach usually at 160 KIAS with any jetliner. Must be at 147 KIAS b/c I idled the throttle a little too long after crossing the runway threshold.

The only time that I'll approach less than 160 KIAS is when either a plane is landing in front of me or if the plane on the runway is taking off. That way, I don't have to go around (I hate going around!).

Gonna go somewhere this weekend so I'll continue my Around-the-World flight on Monday or Tuesday.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

After staying for a few days touring Italy with my 555 passengers, it's time to head into the war zone of Baghdad.

7/10/07

Departed Rome at 8:30 A.M.

Whoops! Causing the hold up!

Later Rome!

Cruising at FL400

Bad textures still-sorry

In the desert and descending into the war zone

Turning final-I can see the airport from here

On final approach

Landed

Welcome to Baghdad!

Arrived in Baghdad between 11:50 A.M. and noon

Because we're in a war zone, we have to be very careful touring Baghdad and we're staying here only for 1 night.

Baghdad to Dubai tomorrow!

Last edited by KevinTsai on Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

nice shots, as someone has said earlier make sure to wait before taking screenshots that way the livery loads and it also helps to take off the writing when posting screenshots makes it look better. Also not to go overspeed Smile

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

bawls327 wrote:

nice shots, as someone has said earlier make sure to wait before taking screenshots that way the livery loads and it also helps to take off the writing when posting screenshots makes it look better. Also not to go overspeed Smile

bawls327, you don't understand. The aircraft textures have a hard time loading up so there's few chance that all of the textures will load up at the same time.

I'm guessing that it's because my system specs are low.

Will removing the mipmaps from my aircraft make ALL of my textures load up?

Finally, what do you mean overspeed? I don't think I went overspeed.

Pro Member Captain
Steve (SpiderWings) Captain

The main thing is you are clearly having fun flying. Clapping

You have one shot of the cockpit with an instrument I've never seen before ... its the one with large areas of green, yellow and red. What is it and what does it do?

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

I don't know tell ya the truth. I thought it was a terrain radar, highlighting how high the mountains are.

Gotta fly to Dubai. Wink

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Okay guys, I took a lot of pictures on this flight, possibly the most number of pictures yet!

Plus, you get to see what's like inside an A380-I never got the chance to show you it but it's here!

7/11/07

Baghdad to Dubai

departed at 3:30 P.M.

We're escaping the war zone and I can hear bombs and gunfire in the distance. I got ATC clearance to exceed 250 KIAS below 10,000 feet

Uh oh, overspeed

Hang on folks, we're making a sharp bank angle to head southeast!

Over Baghdad Airport

At FL360

Here's the A380 cabin!

Main deck

Upper deck

Window view

Back to main deck.

At the bar. "One Pina Colada Mocktail please!"

Final

Got competition!

Busy airport!

Traffic jam! Gotta find another way around!

At Dubai

Arrived around 6:20 P.M.

Sorry for the second to last pic! The FPS were so low since I set traffic to 100% It got so bad that I have to set traffic to 0% and it was still bad!

Please comment!

Dubai to Singapore tomorrow!

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

keven you will see your going overspeed in almost all of them if you look at the bottom right hand corner it usually tells you when you are going overspeed. And yes its because of your system specs.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

After touring Dubai for 1 day, it's time to leave to Singapore.

7/12/07

Departed at 6 P.M.

Time to takeoff

Look guys! A traffic radar! It's part of the Traffic 2005 addon.

Just reached cruising altitude of 40,000 feet

On final

Taxing to gate

Welcome to Singapore guys!

Arrived in Singapore around 3:15 A.M. Friday the 13th. I hope there's no bad luck or superstitions going on for tommorow's flight!

I was originally going to leave Dubai at dusk and arrive at Singapore in the morning but I guess I got to Singapore faster than I expected!

Singapore to Hong Kong next!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

There are some cool shots in the bunch, too bad the scenery didn't load om time. Watch out for the overspeed! Wink Very Happy

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

I'm right now deciding if I want to fly to Hong Kong on Friday the 13th. I think I'm going for it! Very Happy

It's just superstitions-how bad could it be?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Do it man DO it!!!! Take the risk... it's only Friday 13th... lucky for some.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

belgeode wrote:

Do it man DO it!!!! Take the risk... it's only Friday 13th... lucky for some.

Okay, if you say so.

Singapore to Hong Kong is on!

I hope my plane doesn't crash and also hope that my computer will work well and doesn't crash.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Okay guys, I made it without a crash!Very Happy The only bad part of the flight was the low frame rates when I landed in Hong Kong.

7/13/07

Having breakfast, lunch, and a tour of Singapore in the afternoon, we move on to Hong Kong.

Singapore to Hong Kong

I used real-world weather with 15-minute updates in a few flights before and this one. I will now use it for the rest of my Around-the-World Flight.

Departed at 3:45 P.M.

Taxing

At cruise of FL370

Sun is setting

Nighttime-descending into Hong Kong

On final

On the runway now. Take a look at my FPS on the upper left side of the screen. It's pretty low since I set traffic to 60%.

Arrived in Hong Kong at 7:50 P.M.

I expected to arrive in Hong Kong during sunset but I arrived later than I expected.

Let's go eat dinner and do some shopping!

We'll stay here for a night or two before moving on.

Hong Kong to Taipei coming up!

(EVA Air's hub is in Taipei.)

Pro Member Chief Captain

SEE I told you it would be alright! I dunno about you, Hong Kong approach scares me... you are like inches away from skyscrapers lol.... unless they changed it since then.

Sweet flight though.. .have fun shopping, and don't walk under any ladders or cross paths with any black cats.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

belgeode wrote:

SEE I told you it would be alright! I dunno about you, Hong Kong approach scares me... you are like inches away from skyscrapers lol.... unless they changed it since then.

Sweet flight though.. .have fun shopping, and don't walk under any ladders or cross paths with any black cats.

In case if you don't know, I landed at the new Hong Kong International Airport not Kai Tak Airport.

Oh, by the way, I almost crashed on final approach. I set the autopilot to follow the ILS and somehow, the altitude of the autopilot turned off and I start to dive down towards the ground, so therefore I kinda have to control the altitude autopilot for the rest of the landing.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Any landing you can walk away from.....

Could be worse I guess... I had to land tonight at O'Hare.... ugh.... traffic continues lol.

Can't wait for the next leg of your trip!!!

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

We're heading to Taipei.

Hong Kong to Taipei

7/16/07

Using real-world weather, it's raining with thunderstorms in Hong Kong this morning.

Departed the gate at 8 A.M.

Sorry about the bad textures.

At FL350

Descending into Taipei

Gonna do the ILS Runway 24 approach, APU transition

On final to ILS Runway 24

Touchdown!

Welcome to Taipei, the home base of EVA Air!

Arrived at 10:10 A.M.

There's something wrong with the time mechanism in the flightsimulator.

While I was flying to Taipei today, the arrival time should have been around 9 A.M.

There's no time zone difference between Hong Kong and Taipei.

Can someone please explain this problem to me? Was it because I was using time compression?

Taipei to Seoul tomorrow!

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Your frame rates are pretty shabby.... time for a system upgrade, especially since this is only FS9.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

I can't get upgrades, I'm only 16. And oh, I discovered that the time changes by one hour if and only if I use time compression. Therefore, I arrive at my destination later than I expected. How can I fix this so that time doesn't skip to the next hour?

Someone help me!

Pro Member First Officer
Bartfs First Officer

JLangevin wrote:

Your frame rates are pretty shabby.... time for a system upgrade, especially since this is only FS9.

Yeah, The frame rates are very low Shocked
Maybe you should try FS2002?
I play FS2002 with max setting with 1gb memory Rolling Eyes and i use Pai..

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Taipei to Seoul

7/17/07

Departed Taipei at 9 A.M.

Taxing to Runway 24

Taking off on Runway 24

Views of RCTP as we climb to FL370

At FL370. I see a MD-90 also heading to the exact same destination as I am!

Inside the cockpit

Descending into Seoul

On final approach, landing on Runway 15R

Just landed, taxing to gate

Parked at the gate

Welcome to Seoul, South Korea! I arrived in Seoul at around 10:50 A.M.

Coming up, Seoul to Tokyo!

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

After spending a night in Seoul, South Korea, let's fly to Tokyo! Narita Airport near Tokyo is the airport I'll be landing at.

Traffic set at 100%

7/18/07

Seoul to Tokyo

Departed at 4 P.M.

Done with push back, taxing to Runway 15R. No traffic in RKSI? Guess Traffic 2005 didn't made any flight plans to there.

Ready for takeoff

Climbing to 36,000 feet

At 36,000 feet

Descending into Tokyo

Final

Going around because of a 747 taking off. Stupid 747!

Another airplane close to me

Back on final

At the gate

Arrived at 6:10 P.M. Time to go to a sushi buffet!

You know, my A380 crashed soon after landing because somehow the nose gear collapsed. I landed and the A380 crashed again after clipping a building during taxing. Finally, I made it to the gate on my third try just before anything bad happened. Believe it or not, I spent at least 3 hours making my flight-even with time compression! I thought it would be shorter!

Bad frame rates because of 100% traffic. I'll set it back down on my next flight.

Tokyo to La Paz coming soon! Need to refuel the A380 again!

Please comment! Wink

Pro Member Captain

Wow Kevin, you've covered a lot of ground since my last visit to your trip. About half way around wouldn't you say? You have some great shots... lots of interesting captures, and you tell a good story of your adventures. Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

The next day...

7/19/07

Tokyo to La Paz

Guys, we're heading to La Paz, Bolivia today. It will be my longest leg in my Around the World flight. It's 17-hour non-stop flight to there, plus crossing through several time zones.

It's so long that I don't think my plane is going to make it because of not enough fuel. Oh well, hope for the best.

In case if we don't have enough fuel, we could always make a diversion to San Francisco, Los Angeles, cities in Mexico, or cities in Central America.

Departed the gate at 3 P.M.

Ready for takeoff

Climbing

At 43,000 feet

Changing cruising altitude to 45,000 feet to save fuel

Flying through the night

I believe that I'm still burning too much fuel-cruising now at 46,000 feet

Dawn

Sun rising up

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, breakfast will be served shortly

Reaching coastline of South America

Descending

On final approach

Touch down!

I flared too long and touched down on the runway too late. I almost ran off the end of the runway when trying to stop!

La Paz's airport is over 13,000 feet above sea level. It took me longer for me to stop the plane at that time.

Parked at the gate

Welcome to La Paz, Bolivia ladies and gentlemen! The local time is now 6 P.M. We'll spend a night here and continue on to Bogota, Colombia tomorrow.

I used time compression and got here in 3 hours real time. I listened to music to pass the time.

Please comment!

La Paz to Bogota is coming tomorrow!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Good job KevinTsai, i see your still enjoying FS under adverse conditions, which is the point of it, "to enjoy" keep them coming and keep enjoying it! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hard to believe you're in Bolivia already.... took Welsh months to fly round the world... hee hee... sorry Welsh just had to. I kid I kid.

Pro Member Captain

Nice flight Kevin. Enjoyed checking the instruments in your shots as the flight progressed.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

OK guys, it's time to fly to Bogota, Colombia. You know, this afternoon, I was taxing to Runway 10 by taxing down the runway and then doing a back taxi. I was holding short of the runway behind a Baron when a Douglas DC-8 landed and turned off the same taxiway as the Baron and I was on and it crashed into us! I had to restart my flight all over again and find a different route to avoid the DC-8 again. I was squeezing between several parked planes.

Fortunately, this time, the DC-8 was still approaching La Paz and I didn't have to worry about crashing into him again!

Also, my flight took about 2 hours and 50 minutes game time. I used time compression 16X and my flight took at least 2 hours real time, including the DC-8 crashing into me, and the time it took to restart the flight (sometimes, restarting the flight, especially after a crash, can take as long as 5 to 10 minutes! This mainly happens when I use a big aircraft).

7/20/07

La Paz to Bogota

Departed La Paz at 8 A.M. game time

Taxing onto runway 28

Taxing down the runway

Just finished taxing down the runway, doing a back taxi turning around onto runway 10 for takeoff. The DC-8 was landing around this time and had to go around!

Now taking off!

This was the DC-8 who collided into me as soon as he turned off the taxiway when he landed! Idiot! Too Bad he had to go around!

Cruising at 38,000 feet

Descending into Bogota, Colombia

Approaching into Bogota. Many clouds in Bogota today.

On final approach to Runway 13R, ILS approach

Just landed taxing to gate

Welcome to Bogota, Colombia!

Arrived around 10:50 A.M.

Tomorrow is the final leg!

We'll stay in Bogota for a night. In the mean time, let's go sightseeing in Bogota!

Bogota to Newark, NJ is coming soon!

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

like someone said above me glad your enjoying it even with the graphics. Good job and keep em coming.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Bad news guys, the flight from Bogota to Newark has been delayed. Yesterday, I was planning to fly but someone else has to use the computer for the entire weekend. Then I decided to fly today but it's raining in Newark. I using real-world weather with 15-minute updates and I don't want to end my Around the World flight in rain. So, I'll fly back tomorrow.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Do we the passengers get an extra day's hotel price? How bout dinner on Eva Air? Something other than these nuts....

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

Do we the passengers get an extra day's hotel price? How bout dinner on Eva Air? Something other than these nuts....

Yeah, and an upgrade to first class!!! Wink

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Sorry about the delay folks. Now, back to Newark!

7/24/07

Bogota to Newark

Departed at 10 A.M.

Taxing

Ready of takeoff!

Climbing to FL400

At FL400

Descending into Newark Liberty International Airport

On final

Landed, taxing to gate

Welcome back home, ladies and gentlemen!

Arrived at 2:20 P.M.

When I touchdown in Newark, the FPS were so bad that the flightsim froze and I had to exit the flightsim and restart in the landing phase again!

My 5th flight around the world took 20 days. I left on July 4. But, because on the first day when I flew from Newark Madrid, then Madrid to London on the same day, it caused a time error in my schedule. So technically, in the flightsim, it took 21 days, which means that I left on July 3.

Pro Member Captain

Congratulations on the completion of your trip around the world. It was fun following. Where to next?

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

I don't know. Now, I might not fly around the world for a long time because I'm afraid of bad FPS.

Pro Member Captain

FPS?

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

SpiderWings wrote:

FPS?

frames per second, my friend! Wink

Pro Member Captain

DOH! I knew it had to be something I'd slap my forehead over! Thank VF Wall Bashing

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

SpiderWings wrote:

DOH! I knew it had to be something I'd slap my forehead over! Thank VF Wall Bashing

No worries, mate! Cheers!