SearchSearch 

Better Taxiways

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Hi everybody! This time I'm looking for an add-on or something that improves the taxiways. I'd like to see the number of the taxiway on the floor, so I can easily recognize the taxiway. I have an add-on that improves the airport runways, taxiways and other, but that add-on doesn't have the number of the runway on the floor. Is there any add-on that has the number of the taxiway on the floor?

Thank you

13 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=aeu6.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

This is the one I use (aeu6.zip), I've never tried the other two. I can't see how they could add the runway numbers because they are different for every airport.
It would have to be (my guess) an add-on$.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=asphalt_runway.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=resrunwaytex.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search
Let us know which you choose and how you like it. Don't forget to back up your texture folder before you add.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I have the same file as you, RadarMan. But I saw somewhere an Airport Upgrade with the number of the taxiway on the ground. I also saw screenshots with that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Those have the screenshots with the # on the runway bet I think they just darken the runway textures not add or enhance the #'s at all.
If you ever get part or all of it so I can find it just asked. I'd like it also.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm doing a search of the screenshots I saw with the number of the taxiway on the ground. If I find it, I'll ask the guy who took the screenshot for the name of that airport upgrade, and then I'll give you the file name.

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan, I found it!! 😀 Well, another guy from my VA found it first. Blush

It's payware... But it really looks good. If you read the whole post, you'll find the name of that add-on.

Tell me what you think about it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I can't access it without being a member. Can you copy and paste it in this post.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

You're right. I'm sorry.
Here are two pics. Those screenshots show the taxiway signs:

Take a look at this website too.

You can download those taxiway sign for free! It's crazy ❗ And there's more stuff for the airports. Take a look at the scenery Downloads section. There are a lot of screenshots.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't see where they have the signs for free download.(?)
After looking at those signs (fantastic) and going over their site I think that those are only found in full airport scenery downloads.
I have the feeling that they aren't available for download to cover all the worlds runaways like textures are.
I found this at flightsim but it to is only texture.
If you max out your scenery slide (big FPS hit) you'll see better lines and signs but nothing to compare to those screenshots.
Send one of those shots to the sellers and see if they have it separate or if its part of many packages.

FS2004 Scenery--Resized Runway And Taxiway

[ Download | View ]
Name: resruntx.zip Size: 595,958 Date: 08-14-2003 Downloads: 3644
FS2004 Scenery--Resized Runway And Taxiway Textures. Resized default textures for runways and taxiways. Smaller texture sizes improve frame rate (FPS). Textures only. By Bart Dylkiewicz.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I couldn't see the file that you just sent me. Flightsim is still busy 😕

The website I gave you is to download airport scenaries which include taxiways signs, active jetways, etc. If you read the features, you'll see all the actions that that airport scenarie have. I think it's pretty cool. It's worth trying.
The problem with that is that maybe you will have a big frames hit.
Ok, those download don't cover all the world runways. They just cover the airport. But there's too many airports to download.
I will download one of those airports later, and then I'm going to tell you if it's worth it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Angus, they're all pay-ware, at least that's the way I read it.
You can download some great airport scenery free at avsim or others.
Take a look at this Breman.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/2435/bremen/

The one I gave you is just more textures, I think.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

No, they are not payware. Are you talking about that the airport scenaries in the website I gave you are payware? Well, they are not. I checked it.
If you click on "File Download Area" you can download it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ok, I see that they are shareware and the shareware wont display the runway textures, When you click to order them they cost $..
Are we looking at the same thing, I could be mussing it completely.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

You are completely right. You have to pay to get all the features to work. There's a demo, but I didn't try it yet.