Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

funny lines

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

While making my flight path through alaska (this is actualy in the summer) and some terrain lines are there whenever my aircraft is close. here is what it looks like http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i160/Rifroo/?action=view&current=omg.jpg anyone know what setting gets rid of this?

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

First of all I only see a little checkered patern and that is probably scenery loading but with the huge black line i can't tell what else you are talking about. And just post and IMG not a link.

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

thats what im talking about, the checkered line, and sorry, im new to the forum (well i really just started talking in it, kinda), just wanting to explain it more clearly with an image. So its just scenery loading? Would i just have to wait a while or have better settings?

Pro Member First Officer

I am not sure but I would guess it is a combination of both. Waht are you current settings. What ever they are drop one one lvl and bump scenery up one lvl. For example graphics from high to med high and scenery high to ultra high. Hope that helps.

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

my computers pretty fast, ill try what u said**

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

nah, it didnt seem to work. I put scenery to ultra high and put everything else med high, but that didnt work. i set them all to ultra high and custimized scenery so it would be better then ultra high and that didnt work, then i made everything med high, including scenery, but that made everyhting blurry. I'm getting xgraphics or ultimate terrain soon, do you think that will solve it? It looks fine in the more dense areas, the fact that it is in Alaska might also be a factor?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

What are your system specs.
Has it always looked like this.
Have you added anything just before it changed.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

i didnt happen before, just yesterday. I was looking into untimate terrain and got the files but i didnt buy/install in game.

Pro Member First Officer

Well ok, that is odd. Like radarman asked, what are your specs.

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

um, im not sure exactly, im not that good with computers, ill read whats on the front.
AMD Athlon 64 x2
Dual-core processor
2048mb memory
400gb harddrive
and i got a new NVIDIA Geforce 7 series, i think 7700

Thats pretty much it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Does your scenery always look like that or is this a one time happening.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

its been happening ever since i first posted it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If this is an ongoing problem I would completely uninstall and clean out FSX, don't forget the registry.
Defrag and reinstall, defrag and run it.
If it works well, load SP1 (run it) then add anything else.

Update your video drivers while your at it.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

updated driver, it didnt work. but what do you mean about the registry? Once, i reinstalled fsx the regester number said it was used and i had to wait a month to use it agian. If there is a way around that, and if you could tell me, it would be real nice.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The registry is part of Windows. Some of the "parts" of FSX is in it and need to be cleaned out before reinstalling.
Read here.

http://www.flightsimulationforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3044

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Rifro Trainee

Thanks for the Help! after reinstalling SP1, and setting filtering to anisotropic, the lines were gone 😀. Thanks for your help guys.