Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

We're expanding and need pilots!

Pro Member Captain
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) Captain

Hey everyone, I just wanted to stop by on behalf of my virtual airline, EastJet Virtual Airways and let you all know that we're currently making some drastic changes and expanding.

As always, we are recruiting pilots at this time, but we will especially be needing more pilots as we are currently buying many new aircraft and expanding to a multitude of new destinations.

EastJet currently hosts a fleet of 18 aircraft including the Boeing 737-700, the Boeing 717-200, and the Embraer ERJ-170. We currently serve 12 destinations throughout the US and the Bahamas and our HUB and home base is located at Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD). Our focus spots are mostly located in the southeast US and along the east coast of the US.

Our expansion plan includes more than doubling in size by fleet and service. We currently have 20 more aircraft on order and our fleet will be 43 aircraft strong by April of 2008.

At EastJet we boast a unique experience for virtual airline pilots, both new and experienced alike. Pilots at EastJet experience as close of an experience to being a real airline pilot as possible. Nothing is overlooked, as EastJet uses real-time financial figures and data to run the airline as realisitically and efficiently as possible. Even pilot pay is factored into it, as our pilots receive virtual pay based on our virtual payscale.

So what are you waiting for? End your search for a new virtual airline today and enhance your virtual airline pilot career, whether you're new to the virtual airline industry, or a veteran. Stop by our careers center today and see what the EastJet experience is all about!

Last edited by Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) on Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Ok i'll join (maybe) 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

how exactly does it work?

Pro Member Captain

Flykid wrote:
how exactly does it work?

Flykid:

I'm not quite sure what you are asking about. How does what work?

Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

the virtual airline. or am i not understaning

Pro Member First Officer
claytonlocher First Officer

Most virtual airlines work the same way. If pilots meet the requirements set by the airline staff, then they sign up via either e-mail or the VA's website. The pilot then will download the VA's fleet or any aircraft that they will be flying, and either choose a flight on the flight schedule to fly or complete the flight that the staff has assigned to them. The pilot then either files a "manual" pilot report (PIREP, flight report, etc.) by filling in a form with the number of hours they flew, or (an even better way) file the pilot report via a pilot reporting program such as FSACARS or VAFS. I hope I answered your question. That's basically the watered-down version though. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

claytonlocher wrote:

Most virtual airlines work the same way. If pilots meet the requirements set by the airline staff, then they sign up via either e-mail or the VA's website. The pilot then will download the VA's fleet or any aircraft that they will be flying, and either choose a flight on the flight schedule to fly or complete the flight that the staff has assigned to them. The pilot then either files a "manual" pilot report (PIREP, flight report, etc.) by filling in a form with the number of hours they flew, or (an even better way) file the pilot report via a pilot reporting program such as FSACARS or VAFS. I hope I answered your question. That's basically the watered-down version though. 😉

Yep. You got it 😀

What happens with EastJet is that you signup and you are put as a trainee. If you complete an online test with a pass mark of (I think( 70% or more, you get 10 hours added onto your name and can start flying. You move up aircraft at a time so at the start, you fly Embraers but then go onto the big jets. All flights are around the US (and Nassau) at the moment but more locations are popping up soon. Also, flight data and hours are recorded by VAFS so no having to remember everything as its all done automatically.

Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

i put in an application but i doubt theyll take me. they will most likely say to young

Pro Member Captain

anonymouse91 said:
If you complete an online test with a pass mark of (I think( 70% or more, you get 10 hours added onto your name and can start flying.

anonymouse91:
This isn't true anymore. We've done away with the mandatory test and instead made it voluntary. We found many new pilots were not wanting to apply because they didn't want to have to take a test. All applicants, new and experienced pilots alike, may begin flight operations as soon as they are accepted. However, the rest of your description of our services and operations is pretty accurate.

Flykid:
Thank you for applying to fly with us. You should be hearing back from us very soon. And if you have any other confusions about our operations, management, or what a virtual airline is, we have an About EastJet page that you can visit here. Thanks again and I hope to see you flying for us real soon!

All flights are around the US (and Nassau) at the moment but more locations are popping up soon.

This is also true. We are currently in a huge expansion process and currently we have the following new routes announced:

Washington-Toronto Starts July 26th
Philadelphia-Orlando Starts July 26th
Washington-Las Vegas Starts August 17th

Keep enjoying the virtual skies everyone! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

Flykid wrote:

i put in an application but i doubt theyll take me. they will most likely say to young

how old are you?

Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

bawls: 13

pilotguy: i was excepted thanks for letting me know about this. its great to be on the team

Pro Member First Officer

Can't wait for the new routes! Any idea which aircraft will be serving them? It doesn't say on the site.

Last edited by anonymouse91 on Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain

anonymouse91 said:
Can't wait for the new routes! Any idea which aircraft will be serving them? It doesn't say on the site.

anonymouse91:
The new routes will be using the following equipment:
*Washington-Toronto: 717-200
*Philadelphia-Orlando: 717-200
*Washington-Las Vegas: 737-700

Flykid:
It's great to have you flying with us. Welcome aboard. 😀

Pro Member Trainee
FlyinBryan Trainee

How good of a pilot do I need to be? Im pretty much a rookie and getting into flying for a VA is my goal. I do alright with jets, on easy mode and auto-rudder. Do I need to be a really good pilot - knowing ALL the ins-and-outs of jets etc.?
I hardly know what a pirep is let alone how to file one. But I want to learn and I am willing to put in the time to get it done.
I just picked up my copy of FSX for Pilots Real World Training book - so I hope that will help some!!! Without this book, I just don't see how I or any other rookie could get up to speed fast enough w/o loosing interest.

Pro Member First Officer

FlyinBryan wrote:

How good of a pilot do I need to be? Im pretty much a rookie and getting into flying for a VA is my goal. I do alright with jets, on easy mode and auto-rudder. Do I need to be a really good pilot - knowing ALL the ins-and-outs of jets etc.?
I hardly know what a pirep is let alone how to file one. But I want to learn and I am willing to put in the time to get it done.
I just picked up my copy of FSX for Pilots Real World Training book - so I hope that will help some!!! Without this book, I just don't see how I or any other rookie could get up to speed fast enough w/o loosing interest.

You can join EastJet no matter what your experience is 😀
Your flights are recorded (the data) and managed by VAFS so theres no need to file PIREPS. No special procedures have to be followed and you can start flying straight away.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

How does this tie in with say FSPassenger? Can I use that as I fly my route and whatever happens there happens? I am still kinda new to the whole concept of a VA... but I like FSPassengers.

Pro Member Trainee
FlyinBryan Trainee

Thanks for the lead anonymouse. I checked out your site - looks really good. Im from Chicago so I like that you have a hub here. It also looks like you have a pretty good fleet and a good core of pilots.
I like the pay system, I think that's great, I don't know if that's unique or not, but I like it ntl.
Thanks again.

Pro Member First Officer

belgeode: Yes. EastJet flights can be done online or offline and with any addon. Supported FS versions are FS2004 and FSX.

FlyinBryan: Glad you like it 😀

Pro Member Captain

Hey anonymouse91,

I see that you changed your signature to reflect your pilot status at EastJet. I wasn't sure if you were aware of our selection of pilot signature banners on our forums. We have 4 different designs to chose from and you can choose the appropriate one for your rank and location.
Enjoy! 😀

Pro Member First Officer

pilotguy44 wrote:

Hey anonymouse91,

I see that you changed your signature to reflect your pilot status at EastJet. I wasn't sure if you were aware of our selection of pilot signature banners on our forums. We have 4 different designs to chose from and you can choose the appropriate one for your rank and location.

Enjoy! 😀

I know about the banners (I even had a special one made for me as I was PR Director) but my sig didn't work here before so I just use the text version