Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Does the brand makes difference

Pro Member Trainee
Arul Dass (arulu) Trainee

Dear friends, as we know the graphic cards are manufactured by many brands like Asus, MSI, Winfast and so on. But everyone using the Nvidia chipset. So does the brand make any difference in performance & quality? Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

yes, some have better qualities but then again people usually go for the big brands they can trust 😉. and also no, not everyone is using the nvidia chipset. i use ATI Radeon blah blah blah 😂

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

yeah even i use ati radeon. i would not go for anythin else. I mean no compromise on graphics card.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

abmukh80 wrote:

yeah even i use ati radeon. i would not go for anythin else. I mean no compromise on graphics card.

Same here they're awesome graphics card 😎

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

But those of you with ATI cards ARE compromising Wink Sorry, I just had to throw that out there!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

JLangevin wrote:

But those of you with ATI cards ARE compromising Wink Sorry, I just had to throw that out there!

lol 😂

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

but i think when u compare the performance of ati crossfire and nvidia sli-ati beats is

But thats high end and expensive i know

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

You really havent looked at the benchmarks have you? The answers are out there, you just have to look. ATI is being kicked all over the place by NVIDIA. They waited to long to get into the high end graphics market.

The 2900XT can barely keep up with an 8800GTS 640, and cant hold a match to the 8800GTX, and never even saw the 8800GTX Ultra.

The 2600 series which claimed that it could match the 8800GTS 320, COULDNT, and is being beaten in 3D marks by the 8600GTS hands down.

If your flavor is ATI, then by all means, but the facts are out there Nvidia out performs everything that ATI has produced.

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

I'm looking forward to get a new card for my self. Any links which compares the features of both would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Pro Member Trainee

Friends thanks for all your infos. Actually my question is, does the brand, I mean those brands using Nvidia chipset makes any difference among them in performance. Like MSI brand makes any better than Asus?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

yes it depends on what model your using 😉

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

arulu
Concerning brands of Nvida cards, there isn't any difference if quality control is constant.

But what IS different between brands is the their supporting web sites where you will go many times for new drivers, FAQ's, and hints-tips-tricks. The "brands" may or may not have the latest.

I use an Nvida card and don't bother with the "brand" web site, just use Nvida's default downloads.

Note that Nvida fiddles with card drivers 4 times as often as ATI, it's a pain after a while keeping up.

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

I believe games are written with Nvidia in mind more than ATI. Whether or not one is "better" I really don't know. Just as games are written more with Intel in mind ,whether or not AMD is better - maybe maybe not. My point is you can be sure that you are on the bandwagon with Nvidia who like the other poster said, comes out with new drivers more often which is important too. Even if your chip is better, it needs a good driver to do the job. I used to have ATI which was a great card but with the games I played it seemed that Nvidia was always catered to first while ATI peeps were trying to make due on their own.

Pro Member Trainee

Thanks Oldsamer, your reply really cleared my confusion. Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

arulu wrote:

Thanks Oldsamer, your reply really cleared my confusion. Thanks.

sorry i couldn't help, i tried my best 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
PhilTaylor Trainee

arulu wrote:

Friends thanks for all your infos. Actually my question is, does the brand, I mean those brands using Nvidia chipset makes any difference among them in performance. Like MSI brand makes any better than Asus?

yes.

some card makers just take the reference design from NV/ATI, change the board colors, heat sink, and bundled game.

some card makers do real engineering, push the clock rates, use better memory and components, etc.

so there can be a difference. hw review sites are your friend here.