Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

By Geroge, I think I've finally done it!

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Everything in FSX is finally maxed out. Clouds, Scenery, Traffic (yes, TRAFFIC!!!), autogen, textures, etc...

I dont know what else to say. I decided that I wanted to take a peek around and see what I could come up with. Its been a while since I tried running traffic after changing around a few settings in my CPU/Overclock configuration. My new 8600GTS that is SUPREMELY overclocked with aftermarket cooling I know is doing some of the work, but my lil ol E6300 is still jsut chugging along at 3.43ghz.

The pic below shows FPS with the following.... resolution was at 1280x1024, AA/Antisotropic, Lense Flare, NO bloom (this is just impossible), shadows, boats, cars, airport traffic, all texture and autogen sliders ALL the way to the right, and weather settings on max.

I dont know what changes I made to my system that really made the difference, but somewhere a long the lines, I got it all to work. So It is more than possible now to run FSX with full settings. I have to take back what I have said in the past.... Phil Taylor, you guys have done me well... flying now is a pleasure, I can now turn off my red text info and just fly!! I was able to achieve 50fps in this part of town (Ontario, CA) but I saw some stutters... but at 30fps (29.97fps is the American Movie Standard), no stuttering, and everything was beautiful!!

Here are the specs for those who are interested..

-Processor: Intel E6300 2mb L2 Cache 1.86ghz overclocked to 3.43ghz
-Memory: 2gigs (yes, only 2 gigs) Patriot PC2-6400 DDR2-800mhz overclocked to 1000mhz
-Motherboard: Gigabyte-P965-DS3 v3.3
-Cooling: Custom 1/4"ID Watercooling loop with reactive non-conductive XP Fluid
-Video Card: Nvidia EVGA 8600GTS overclocked to 800mhz Core / 2150mhz DDR3 Memory
-Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 SE
-Power Supply: 650w Silverstone with 4 12v Rails
-Optical: 2x Lightscribe DVD/RW Burners (Lite-On and Samsung)
-HDD: 2x Baracuda 160gig 7200rpm
-Case: Highly modified Antec P182 with custom window, and cooling.

Any questions?!

Last edited by JLangevin on Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

I also forgot to mention that this was performed in Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit, (again, only 2 gigs of memory, did all this) and AI traffic at 100% on both GA and Airliners!

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

I am looking forward to seeing some new screenshots from you.

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

yeah please post some new screen shots.

I dont understand everybody complains about bloom but i really dont find it that hardware intensive!
Of course my target fps is not more than 25
What say?

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Bloom gives me a very hard FPS hit, and I find it to be too intensive anyways. So I leave it off....

I will post new screenshots sometime this weekend.

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Nice job. I'm curious as to what happens to your frames when you overfly an airport like KMIA?? Buildings and such seem to hit my system harder than traffic. Would you mind posting your settings (3d) and any other significant settings in fsx ? Thanks Wink

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Sure... give me a little bit and I will do that.

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

Congratulations! 😀

As we have similar spec machines, I hope I can achieve an FPS like yours someday...

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

TV is 29.97fps, movie film is 24fps.
Regards...Art 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

I hope you roll your eyes right out of your head! Wink

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

That is cool, but I can do that when I get my new computer and so can other people. Also 30 fps is unnecessary. But it is cool. 😉

Pro Member First Officer

Geez JL, I was simply trying to correct you on fps. It was not meant to insult you. Personally, I don't care if you get 1000 fps, I was mearly trying to point out your misinformation. My eyes are still firmly planted in their original places. Facts are facts, and when you're wrong you're wrong. I think maybe the glow of your computer is getting into your head. So chill out man, it ain't that big of a deal. Your screen shots are great - keep them coming so we can all enjoy your unlimited disposable income.
Best regards...Art

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

The comment I made was meant to be taken in light, not as serious sarcasm, etc.

I know what you were saying, etc. Im just the kind of guy who trys to get the most out of everything that I do. No harm was meant to you.

Pro Member First Officer

No harm, no foul JL. Most of your posts are extremely informational and you are an inspiration to us all. I really do enjoy your comments and pics. I usually agree with everything you say. My sense of humor has been known to be a bit caustic also. So keep those sreenies coming, and, by the way, it's spelled
"G-e-o-r-g-e". Hope you don't mind another slight correction.
Best regards...Art

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

That would ba a t-y-p-o Wink