Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

UK ATC Add-on FSX?

Pro Member Trainee
jono1978 Trainee

Is there any add-on which has realistic ATC, which uses the same terminology/phraseology used here in the UK?

I have looked but cannot find anything

Thanks

John

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

There is something called VoxATC and Radar Contact....

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

I tried Radar Contact. I didn't care for it at all. The main problem is that it didn't work right for me. For example you have to press the number '2' to get clearance lets say, I pressed 2 and nothing happened usually. It may have been my dvorak keyboard layout however. Additional issues included the interface looked like it was from the early 90's. And you have to configure the crap out of it before a flight. And while it does contain 'real' voices it doesn't sound real as everything is still shoddily spliced together. So the cadence of the speech is totally artificial, probably moreso than the default fsx speech.

Pro Member First Officer

Hi,

I am not sure why u need to do setup for RadarContact...It is simple..Install it.Rebuild the scenery.Give the Flight plan path .Load the flight plan and here u go.....Its one of the most realistic addon for ATC...If u r interested in human voices then i suggest u try flying online on Vatsim...You will get realistic ATC out there.But on software front nothing beats RadarContact

Pro Member Trainee
jono1978 Trainee

Hi,

thanks for the messages, is Radar contact available as a trial download? If so where can I get it, I've done a quick search but cannot find any downloads

thanks

John

Pro Member First Officer

Hi,

Unfortunately Radar Contact is not available for download..It is available in CD version which you can order...I am sure you will like it when it arrives...I like it that flying without it is like feeling a void .But you should read the manuals...
I am sure once you learn to use it properly you will never fly without it..

Pankaj

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

It is available for download if you purchase it.

to_coolguys wrote:

Hi,

Unfortunately Radar Contact is not available for download..It is available in CD version which you can order...I am sure you will like it when it arrives...I like it that flying without it is like feeling a void .But you should read the manuals...
I am sure once you learn to use it properly you will never fly without it..

Pankaj

Pro Member First Officer

Hi,

I am sorry..A correction here. Looks like they have made version 4.3 available for download...So pull out ur card and download it...

Pankaj