Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Special effects

Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

I hate to seem like someone who wants to do noting more than destroy planes, Whistle but...

https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/16/microsoft-flight-simulator-x/

How do you get those effects? Especially on both engines at once. I have AirFxEz by Grant Bovee, but that only allows effects to be used one at a time, i.e. you can't do both engines at the same time...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

im the scared guy 😁
i would get nick final crash effects. for the engine fire it mite be default with the plane he downloaded, otherwise i dont know

Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

Hmm..... How do you make it work? I did as the readme instructed, unzipping the files to the FS9 folder, but the effects are not present. Is there some button to press?

Edit: All effects but engine fires work. What gives?

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

That engine fire looks like the default in FSX. If you go to the Aircraft menu, then Failures, you can set both engines to be on fire and other options.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

anonymouse91 wrote:

That engine fire looks like the default in FSX. If you go to the Aircraft menu, then Failures, you can set both engines to be on fire and other options.

srry i dont know Dont Know
just tryin' to help 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

anonymouse91 wrote:

Okay, that works, but is there any way to... turn it on and off as desired? Or are the settings fixed when you start a flight?

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

Vanya wrote:

anonymouse91 wrote:

Okay, that works, but is there any way to... turn it on and off as desired? Or are the settings fixed when you start a flight?

You can start the flight with the failures set to go off at a certain time, straight away or randomly. You can also do this during the flight. Its also easy to turn off the failures by just going into the failures box and de-selecting them but I don't think this will reverse the damage done by the failure as once, I set an engine fire to go off but when extinguishing it and de-selecting, it still had the engine running as if it had suffered a fire.

Pro Member First Officer
Vanya First Officer

How do you change the failures options in mid-game?