fsx loads immediately onto runway without main screen

Pro Member Trainee
Todd (ohboy710) Trainee

This is probably something stupid I have done, but when I first start fsx it loads me directly onto a runway in a plane without going to the welcome screen letting me pick the location and plane etc. I want it to load to the menu, so what did I screw up? Is there a setting somewhere?

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There is a fix I can't remember what, sorry about that.

Do you have SP1 installed.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Todd (ohboy710) Trainee

oh yes i have SP1 installed, and unlike everybody else I don't really notice a difference..

by the way...

2 Gigs of ram, pretty good video card and new processor although its dual core- what a waste

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

ohboy710 wrote:

oh yes i have SP1 installed, and unlike everybody else I don't really notice a difference..

by the way...

2 Gigs of ram, pretty good video card and new processor although its dual core- what a waste

With a DC2 and SP1 you should be getting a boost. It was made for using it, unlike the original FSX.
FSX has to be without add-on scenery to add SP1.
If you have any, completely clean it off your system, and registry. Reload FSX then put SP1 on.

It can't go on a h/d with any parts of FSX left on.

Some here have reinstalled Windows just to have a clean slate.

Drastic...yes, but not if it's your main reason for buying a new machine.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Todd (ohboy710) Trainee

okay I will have to try that. I didn't realize that SP1 allowed it to work on dual core.... when I go into task manager it is clearly not running on both of them even with SP1... so I might try the reinstall etc... thanks!

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

ohboy-

Settings/general/program, [Show opening screen] is UN checked.

After game start, press esc key, end flight to get back to the opening screen. From there you can select Settings.

Pro Member Trainee
JG3Bulldog Trainee

I had the same issue after re-installing FSX. I found that the box with "show main screen" was checked but it was still loading a flight to begin with. I then unchecked it and now I dont have the game starting straight away I have the main screen, weird but it may help. Just seems like the program got confused.

hoddsy Guest

for any one still haveing this error go to your fsx config file and open with note pad find the text saying show opening screen and change value to 1 and save happy flying

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...