Joystick in the manual

Pro Member Trainee
dan_cbw Trainee

I've been looking into buying a Joystick now that I get a reasonable fps in FSX, so I was looking in the little manual thing that comes with the game and noticed they have a control layout for a joystick. Does anyone know what joystick this is (I know its probably a Microsoft one, but i've never looked into joysticks before so dont know any names etc...) and also if anyone has it, is it any good...if not what do you recommend?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

I don't think a joystick affect's FPS or I did not know it did. Get the Saitex 52 if you want a joystick but I highly recomend a youke.

Pro Member Trainee
dan_cbw Trainee

It doesnt affect FPS, i was just saying now that I get good FPS i've started playing the game alot more :p. Thanks for the reply, i've heard alot about the Saitek 52, and I may look into a Yoke, depending on the price :p

Also do you know if the X52 works in Vista?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here are the Vista drivers for the X52 Pro.

The joystick in the manual is the Sidewinder, almost exactly the one I have. They don't make it any longer.
The only one that works well now is the USB not the game port one.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
dan_cbw Trainee

Ok, thanks for the info, i'll look into buying the X52 but I just suddenly had to pay £400 on an operation for my dog today, so I wont be getting it anytime soon 😞.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...