aircraft installation problem

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Hi guys.

I'm having problem in installing third party non FSX series aircrafts. If I'm able to explain myself correctly. Here's an example:

FSX has 747-400, 737-800, A321 etc as default types of aircrafts.

Now my problem is installing a 747-200 or 100 or say 737-600 or a 777 series etc.

When ever I'm trying to install a different series it dosen't show up in FSX. However if the aircrafts are of the same series, its no problem installing and modifying aircraft.cfg for me.

There are some downloads which comes up with a setup.exe(eg. westjet 737-600) is not a problem, but others where I hv to create a series in the aircraft folder is a problem for me.

Can u please help me solving my problem. I'm sure it can be done and I'm goin wrong somewhere.

Cheers

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The problem may be that they aren't made for FSX but for FS9.
Try a http://www.projectopensky.com/ and see how you do.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

Do what radarman said and how are you installing them, Step by step?

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Try and install Air Force One for FSX, its 747-200 series?

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

The downloads say they're compatible to both FSX and 2004...

If I wanna install a 777 series on FSX it has to be in a different folder(within simobjects\aircrafts) and cannot be in default FSX folders.... how do I do that?

Cheers

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

are all aircrafts listed on opensky FSX compatible? Imean the version to which it is compatible is not mentioned!?

Cheers

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

abmukh80 wrote:

are all aircrafts listed on opensky FSX compatible? Imean the version to which it is compatible is not mentioned!?

Cheers

They claim they are. At the worst some of the gauges won't work properly.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

Hi RM,

Sorry to bug you again - the on the open sky site what is the difference between the base pkgs and model pkgs--i mean which one do i download from?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You always need the base.

That's because model packages are service packs.. model updates to existing models.... there are none for the BBJ, so whatever you download is current.
Taken from here.

http://forum.projectopensky.com/index.php?showtopic=23616&hl=Model+Package

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
abmukh80 First Officer

yeh downloaded and checked out their stuff most of it seems to be 2004 compatible!!!! not of too much use to me.

Cheers

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...