oblivion

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

hi i was wondering were do all the files when you dlete the game but still are able to play because the person that removed the wrong way?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

anyone

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

I'm sorry, i've read that five times and it still doesn't make sense

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

here ill put in better context ok

ok say if you wanted to delete a game ok and you didnt know how to uninstall so you just go ahead and delete what you think will delete the game for instance the folder containing everything was deleted but u forgot to delete the exe. and stuff. and a couple years later im able to still play the game without reinstalling.

you get it now?

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

acepilot32 wrote:

here ill put in better context ok

ok say if you wanted to delete a game ok and you didnt know how to uninstall so you just go ahead and delete what you think will delete the game for instance the folder containing everything was deleted but u forgot to delete the exe. and stuff. and a couple years later im able to still play the game without reinstalling.

you get it now?

You probably deleted the shortcut and not the game obviously if it still works.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

no i deleted the icon but i got it back up
i just want to know where all the files still are

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

acepilot32 wrote:

no i deleted the icon but i got it back up
i just want to know where all the files still are

YES. That icon is your shortcut. Right click on the shortcut and select properties then click on the 'find target' button and there should be your files. That 'icon' which is called a shortcut in the pc world, or alias in the Mac world exist as a placeholder so you can easily find and launch your games. They don't contain any essential data. Otherwise you would have to navigate through your directories to find the right .exe to launch. If you want to create a shortcut on a file right click it and select 'create shortcut' then you can take that icon and place it wherever you like, on the desktop, start menu, etc. while keeping your games or whatnot in their proper directories.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...