Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Annoying sounds

Pro Member Trainee
donc17 Trainee

Is there anyway to get rid of these annoying warning alarms that go off in the cockpit? Ill be flying a chopper and I get this annoying " dont sink " over and over. there are others aswell. Is there anyway to elminate these?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

donc17 wrote:

Is there anyway to get rid of these annoying warning alarms that go off in the cockpit? Ill be flying a chopper and I get this annoying " dont sink " over and over. there are others aswell. Is there anyway to elminate these?

Try going to Settings, Audio and setting the volume of warnings to zero.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

I think you'll find they are there to warn that you are about to crash or there is something going seriously wrong so you can correct it in time. If it's not too late that is Shocked !

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Welshflyer is correct. The Ground Proximity Warning System (GPWS) warns you that you are flying the aircraft in an unsafe manner. Setting the warnings to zero volume would help if the warnings are a program glitch or if you don't care about realism and just want to fly your way. We both agree that you should try and fly the aircraft in a matter that the warnings don't occur, that's the way real pilots fly.
Arrow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPWS

Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

When it say's that you are flying in correctly. You can turn it off but try to see what you are doing wrong and correct it.

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

737FLIER wrote:

When it say's that you are flying in correctly. You can turn it off but try to see what you are doing wrong and correct it.

Reminds me of a video I saw when training with the airline - a flight crew is in IMC (in the clouds) and you can hear TERRAIN..... every 10 seconds or so. For some reason the crew thought the warning was an error ...until they ran into the side of a mountain.

Pro Member Trainee
donc17 Trainee

Oh I understand. my dad is a helo pilot, but its in free flight when im practicing fast landings and take offs in areas that I shouldnt.. just fooling around really. When I do fly serious I dont set any of that stuff off usually. I was just wondering how to turn it off while Im fooling around and dont really care.
BTW this is for FSX