Textbook no gear landing.

Pro Member Trainee
HardLight Trainee

Check this out guys, very impressive!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

HardLight wrote:

Very nice but I would not have feathered the props...why?

1. Coming in without power complicates the approach with no choice of going around in event of a bad approach.

2. The plane belongs to the insurance company at this point. The owner will pay the deductible( 1,000 or maybe 2,000) and the insurance company pays the rest. If the engines are operating, you get new props and fresh overhauled engines for no extra cost.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

I've seen this video many times, and I agree it is really impressive. Pilot has done a great job getting this plane down safely and amazingly without a lot of damage. 🙂

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

I've seen this video many times, and I agree it is really impressive. Pilot has done a great job getting this plane down safely and amazingly without a lot of damage. 🙂

Same here I have it under my favorites. I always enjoy wathcing the video. Good post.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Thats freakin' a sign of a good pilot 😂

Pro Member Trainee
Bartfs Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

HardLight wrote:

1. Coming in without power complicates the approach with no choice of going around in event of a bad approach.

2. The plane belongs to the insurance company at this point. The owner will pay the deductible( 1,000 or maybe 2,000) and the insurance company pays the rest. If the engines are operating, you get new props and fresh overhauled engines for no extra cost.

Maybe because when the props hit the ground they may "explode for the engine and maybe they will burst into the cockpit window.. Maybe the pilot did it for his own safety 😉

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Bartfs wrote:

CRJCapt wrote:

HardLight wrote:

Maybe because when the props hit the ground they may "explode for the engine and maybe they will burst into the cockpit window.. Maybe the pilot did it for his own safety 😉

Uh no the props don't do that. Prop strikes aren't uncommon. They don't cause the engines to explode Wink They just would have bent and stopped. Although anytime you have a prop strike you pretty much have to tear down the whole engine looking for damage. So the only thing the pilot really saved was his insurance company's money and time in the shop.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

That is impressive... you know what they say... any landing you can walk away from is a good one.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

That is impressive... you know what they say... any landing you can walk away from is a good one.

That's theoretically true. But if you can't get the plane back up in the air once you land than... 😉