Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Hurricane?

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

It is possible for Jeppenson to download a hurricane if I choose real-world weather with 15 min. updates? Usually it's just thunderstorms at most.

I want to fly into a hurricane!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

No, it's not. Would be cool if you could.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

i think it would just be a reguler storm

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Having lived through a few of them in my life I would NOT want any for FS2004... non flyable weather there... Imagine taking off in a 747 and you have not even turned the engines on!!! Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

Having lived through a few of them in my life I would NOT want any for FS2004... non flyable weather there... Imagine taking off in a 747 and you have not even turned the engines on!!! Shocked

That must have been a crazy experience living through a hurricane, but I think it would be fun to have it on the simulator. You know try to fly a C-130 Hercules through it, pretend that you are working for NOAA collecting wind and rain data. Laughing Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

It's an experience I am glad to be rid of... not pretty each time...

but i got a lot of respect for those guys at NOAA... talk about facing windshear!

Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

Well, although the windspeeds in FS cannot be anywhere near accurate for such a storm (as they only go to 80 kt or thereabouts), the clouds sure look scary - took this with real weather enabled & ActiveSky, roughly in the area where Dean is. Hopefully that storm loses some of its momentum soon...