SearchSearch 

Heavies at TNCM

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

has anyone ever seen a heavy come in NOT over the beach. If anyone can find a video or picture of this happening that would be good too.
Cheers
🍻
Cheeks

14 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

You won't find any because landings on runway 27, the opposite side, are prohibited for the large jet types because of the huge cliff behind it. 😉

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

and becuse i think the intake of the engines are to powerful

ill bet the last thing they want are people flying through the air into the engines ROFL sorry i just had to laugh!!

also if they came in the opposite way there`s the possibility of overshooting the runway which will kill alot of people

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

those are all reasons i thought of why but if there is gale-froce winds would they divert or land at tncm? 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Probably divert cause the runway is rather short and heavies don't have much space to make same late braking or late touchdown due to winds.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

thanks for your replies everyone 😀 . What is the biggest plane allowed to land on runway 27 😉

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

the boeing 747-400 i think are the only heavie modern jet allowed anything bigger will probally overshot the runway thats why you dont see many airbus planes there because boeings aircraft dont need much space to stop

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Jumbo is pretty much the biggest airliner in use right know. Maybe Airbus A340-600 is bigger, actually longer.

Pro Member Trainee
Bartfs Trainee

VegasFlyer wrote:

Jumbo is pretty much the biggest airliner in use right know. Maybe Airbus A340-600 is bigger, actually longer.

Airbus A340's land and take off at TNCM too 😉
Air France operates them

Here's a list:

Operator/biggest plane(s) to TNCM

Air France /B747/777/A340
KLM /B747/Sometimes a rare 777
Corsair /B747
Delta /757/767 (?)
US Airways /757/767

And some other american airlines.. But i think most american carriers will use the 757 or 767 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Bartfs wrote:

VegasFlyer wrote:

Airbus A340's land and take off at TNCM too 😉
Air France operates them

Here's a list:

Operator/biggest plane(s) to TNCM

Air France /B747/777/A340
KLM /B747/Sometimes a rare 777
Corsair /B747
Delta /757/767 (?)
US Airways /757/767

And some other american airlines.. But i think most american carriers will use the 757 or 767 😉

Well, there's your answer Cheeks. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

I landed Steeler Air there... the 777... what an ordeal.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Thanks for the help but what i meant was landing on RUNWAY 27 😉 .
A 747 cant land on it so what can 😉

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

ok rnwy 27 is not the beach if im correct i think only aircraft that can do a steep approach but if i was the owner i wouldn`t let any aircraft go over that mountain and land but i think only prop. engines would be able to land there if they made a miscoculation

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

ok rnwy 27 is not the beach if im correct i think only aircraft that can do a steep approach but if i was the owner i wouldn`t let any aircraft go over that mountain and land but i think only prop. engines would be able to land there if they made a miscoculation

yes rwy 27 isn't the beach 😉. Do u know what TYPE (exact) 😉. im pretty sure ive seen a twin otter do that somewhere 🤔

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

i couldnt see any jet aircraft be able to land on rnwy 27 like that unless it was like a lear jet 45 or or a prop aircraft thas really it becuase if it was large aircraft like 737s they would have to deploy speed brakes and hop they can pull up in time to not hit the runway and theres the possibility of overshooting the runway due to excess speeeds