Garmin 1000 glass cockpit, wtf :(

Pro Member Trainee
kuhne Trainee

So I just bought the deluxe edition of FSX and I was used to the old mooney, now I get this new glass cockpit garmin 1000 which looks beautifull but I have no idea how to use it!

I was already used to seting the altitude with the knob, using the aproach so that my plane followed the gps trayectory I had made, etc... Now I dont know how to set an altitude of my choosing, how to activate it for it to go to that altitude, how to activate aproach, etc... how do I do it? (with the mouse, I really dont know where the buttons are!)

I dont even know where the autopilot button is, I dont like using "Z" if I dont know where it is on screen...

anyone here can help me?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ryan (737FLIER) First Officer

I think it is one of the small ones at the bottom of the main display. If you can't find it though you might just have to use the key.

Pro Member Trainee
kuhne Trainee

that sucks 😞 cos I dont know how to manualy set the altitude I want to fly at with the keyboard.

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

The Altitude button is on other screen on the left side.

the AP is on the bottom of the radio stack, where you can imput the altitude as well. the NAV/GPS switch is at the top of the radio stack.

You should read the "Learning Center" then Garmin 1000.

It does take some getting used too, I still am.

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

n7xlq1 wrote:

The Altitude button is on other screen on the left side.

the AP is on the bottom of the radio stack, where you can imput the altitude as well. the NAV/GPS switch is at the top of the radio stack.

You should read the "Learning Center" then Garmin 1000.

It does take some getting used too, I still am.

Ok I see the autopilot buttons on the glass Cessna but not the Mooney. The OP is talking about the Mooney - I would like to know about the Mooney as well Wink

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...