Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Air France

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

I'm trying to drag myself kicking and screaming into the world of FSX, i've had it a while but hardly use it (i'm an FS9 man Rolling Eyes ). So anyway, i downloaded this texture and thought i'd take it on a "short" flight from London Gatwick to Juliana in the Netherlands Antilles!

Sorry for the red bits in the one above i did'nt wait long enough!

That's it for FSX for a while now back to good old FS9 Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Looking good! Don't quit while your ahead.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Nice pics, how did you get BA planes to show up at the gate at Gatwick?

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Very nice shots Welsh! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

Very Nice pictures welsh. I am an fs9 person myself.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks gents Very Happy , n7xlq1 they are included in the Gatwick Extreme demo from UK2000 here http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page8.html

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

welshflyer whats your fps cause thats freakin' amazing bro Shocked Very Happy Laughing

Pro Member Trainee
Pulp1 Trainee

Stunning welshie boy!

Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Cheeks and Pulp1 Very Happy , i honestly don't know what my frame rate is because everytime i press ALT to use the top menu bar strange things happen like cockpit view disappears Confused and i'm just left with spot view or open sky Shocked and it takes ages to come back. No matter what i try in view options it just comes back on its own eventually, another FSX glitch so it seems. No wonder i prefer FS9! I will admit though, that at Gatwick the rates are not that good but once you leave the area everything runs nice and smooth! But i do only have a mid range system!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

hmmmm, mid range you say! Laughing . im thinking of reinstalling fsx and experiment with settings. try with no traffic at all, does that improve fps Wink

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

Welshflyer wrote:

Thanks Cheeks and Pulp1 Very Happy , i honestly don't know what my frame rate is because everytime i press ALT to use the top menu bar strange things happen like cockpit view disappears Confused and i'm just left with spot view or open sky Shocked and it takes ages to come back. No matter what i try in view options it just comes back on its own eventually, another FSX glitch so it seems. No wonder i prefer FS9! I will admit though, that at Gatwick the rates are not that good but once you leave the area everything runs nice and smooth! But i do only have a mid range system!

Do SHIFT+Z a couple of times, and you'll see the FPS on the second line.