After I take off on my plane, how do I know where to go and reach my destination?
I GOT THIS ONE GUYS, IT'S JUST GONNA TAKE ME A WHILE TO TYPE IT ALL UP...please no replys till I'm done!
Start with the top for lessons.
Or just take your chances like I do with the GPS and a compass.
Ok, I'll start off from the VERY beginning for ya!
1. After you open up Flight Simulator, and are in the "Create a Flight" menu, select "Flight Planner"
2. You'll see 2 places where you can select airports. First, Select your departure airport. (from the first airport selection menu)
3. Select your Destination airport (from menu below first airport menu🙂
4. You'll see 3 different choices for routing, GPS, Low Altitude Airways, and High Altitude Airways. For simplicity, we'll select GPS.
5. Below that, or somewhere near it, (I'm not looking at the menu right now) You'll see a selection for flight type, VFR or IFR. Select VFR
6. Press the "Find Route" Button
7. This will take you to a map screen, where your flight path will be displayed with a RED OR PINK LINE...like I said, I forget which color, cause i currently do not have FS04 running
8. After this, Select OK, and you'll be given the option to save the flight, select yes, or OK, or whatever it says.
9. Another popup window will say "Do you want to be moved to your departure airport"? Select YES, or OK...If this DOES NOT happen, then just hit OK in the bottom right hand corner of the "Create A Flight" screen, It'll pop up then.
10. After that, Pick, if you want to, a different aircraft, and also, time and season if you want.
(for the purpose of this guide, we'll assume you're in the CESSNA 172 SKYHAWK.)
11. Hit "FLY NOW"
12. You'll begin at your departure airport, if the engine is not running, hit CTRL+E
13. If you did not select a parking spot, or gate, you'll be sitting at the end of a runway.
14. HIT CTRL+2 This should bring up a Radio Stack. Near the bottom of the radio stack, you'll see the autopilot controls.
IT'LL LOOK LIKE THIS
OK, I know it looks like crap, but You'll get the general idea.
15. Hit that NAV/GPS switch so its pointing to GPS
(this makes the autopilot follow the course like we made in the "Create a flight menu"
16. See the ALT, with the 000000 next to it. Move the mouse over the 000's, and roll the wheel UP, till it reads 5000. ( You can click to make it go up instead, the hand will have a + in it)
17. see the VS. it's 0000. Roll that up till it says 500.
18. Ok, that's all set, so let's take off.
19. Run the Throttle all the way up, and when you have flying speed, lift off the runway. ( I ASSUME you know how to do that)
20. After you are in the air, about 800 feet or so, Click the autopilot On/Off switch. (follow the BLUE ARROW, in the diagram, it's grey, and has AP in it.
21. Then, click the NAV. Button
22. Finally, Click the ALT button.
23. This will make the airplane climb to 5,000 feet, and follow the flight path we created in the "Create a flight" Screen.
24. you can use the GPS, (CTRL+3/Click the Sattelite button in the cockpit) to see how far you have to go, and you will see the PINK course line your plane is following.
25, when you get near the airport, descend and land
I WOULD RECOMMEND GOING THROUGH THE LESSONS WITH ROD MACHADO. AT LEAST THE PRIVATE PILOT ONES.