Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

new joystick

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

Having finally worked out the reason that my flight sim would work fine, then lag horribly, then work fine again, etc (wrong setting in BIOS, graphics card was conflicting with onboard graphics.) I can get back to flying. For the moment my graphics card is ok, but soon I am buying the sapphire x1950 pro as it got a very positive rating in computer shopper and is just within my budget. I also want to get a new joystick as mine, although it does the job fine, now feels too basic. I had a look around and found this one: Saitek AV8R Retro joystick (PC) on amazon. It seems just what I am looking for and is around the price I want to spend (20-30.) I wondered if anyone here has this joystick and could tell what they think of it, or if anyone could reccommend something in the same price range that they think would be a better buy,
Thankyou all in advance,
Mossy.

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

I dont got that model but I do have the Saitek Cyborg evo Force Feedback. I must say I love the joystick and saitek period is a good choice for joysticks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Chief Captain

hey try this link for a joystick its the sameone i have i got it only 3 weeks ago and its really good it has 10 buttons and a throttle

i have also programed all the buttons to do something on fsx like landing gear and flaps

also on my combat games its really good as 4 buttons are at the top so i can fire a missile at a click of a button with my thumb

try the link its only 14.99 but when i got it. it was 19.99

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/693880/Logitech-Attack-3-Joystick/Product.html

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

I was thinking about the attack three, but the reveiws about it varied; many people said they had it and it had always worked fine and was great, however many other reveiwers warned that it goes wrong after a few months. I hope that that does not happen to you.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Chief Captain

well it hasnt happend to me yet its been nothing but perfect

i fink its been the best one i'v ever had

if you do ever buy one reply it id like to know