Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

USAF on tour?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Well, i've done WWII aircraft and US Navy so i may as well do USAF. I don't know if i'll do a full tour or just till i get bored Confused . Anyway here's the first trip in what i think is the most awesome aircraft Boeing ever designed and built the almighty BUFF.

Before start at Nellis AFB Nevada in the B-52

Environmentally friendly this ain't

Those eight powerhouses push us into the sky and take us to cruise alt

Nice model this, it's got wrinkly skin like me Smile

Nevada gives way to greener climes

On approach to Boeing field in Seattle

With the spoilers the braking chute is deployed

Down safe, time to plan the next Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great looking Stratofortress, one of the greatest aircraft in aviation history and it's still in use today.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Great shots Welsh Exclamation Good choice of aircraft and excellent choice of starting airport. Nellis AFB is 10 miles from my home in Las Vegas. Sweet! Very Happy

Pro Member Trainee
Pulp1 Trainee

Wow, you're right that is a great looking aircraft, great shots!!
Cool

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

YAY WELSH!!!! Around the world with the USAF? Bout time!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks all! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

(it has wrinkly skin like me) ROFL Laughing
great shots welsh they're superb Punk

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Cheeks Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

The next flight was from Boeing field to Cold Lake AFB in Canada in another beauty of an aircraft, the F-16!

Passing the tower on take off

Climbing turn over Seattle

Canada here i come Very Happy

I'll just put it on auto while i take a leak Shocked

Almost there

Welcome to Canada

Hmmm where to next? Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain

LOL nice one Welsh! Good thing they have those built in bags in the flight suit eh?

Hmmm... where to? How is Alaska this time of year?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

LOL nice one Welsh! Good thing they have those built in bags in the flight suit eh?

Hmmm... where to? How is Alaska this time of year?

Very Happy Very Happy They're a godsend, at least i did'nt crash it while doing it like that bloke a while back Shocked !
Alaska sounds good Very Happy !Looks like i'm going anti-clockwise then Very Happy .
belgeode stop posting here and get flying Steeler air, i'm missing my fix! Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Thumbs Up! You got me laughin' for a minute Welsh. You had to take a leak. Talk about drinking and flying. Looks like that's very popular these days! Very Happy Great shots as always!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Wow, just stunning Shocked Your shots are improving welshflyer, did you use mesh cause that scenery is damn awesome Very Happy What fps are you getting Wink

Pro Member Trainee
XST Trainee

Love the 3rd and 5th shot of the f-16 Smile Great work.

Pro Member Captain
Steve (SpiderWings) Captain

Glad to see another Welsh tour starting! Your shots are stunning as always. Looking forward to your next leg.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great shots and a beautiful F-16. Clapping

Pro Member Captain
Duncan (Razgr1z912) Captain

go to kbwi (Baltimore Washington Intl). Its in Maryland, The US Captial State. I live 5 miles away from it. Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks everyone for your very kind comments! Very Happy
Cheeks the scenery is FS Global with Flight One Ground Environment.
Razgr1z912, don't know if i'll be able to get there this time! Sad

Right, Alaska it is then Smile wonder what it'll be this time Confused Let's take a look through the big square doors.

The B1-B Lancer should do the job nicely for the 1,400 mile trip (roughly).
Full afterburner and climb out

Cruising to Alaska

On the way i tried some low level at 100ft but i was'nt happy with the shots so i ditched them, so on approach

Welcome to Alaska (wonder if i'll say that everytime i land Rolling Eyes )

Shut down

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Perfetto! Was that a tail strike on landing Confused Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

Perfetto! Was that a tail strike on landing Confused Shocked

Nowhere near..........weeell perhaps it was a bit close Shocked . I'm not very happy with these shots so i'll endeavour to do better next time! Sad

Pro Member Captain

They look great to me Welsh. Beautiful aircraft!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Awesome lancer there Welsh!!! And I guess I was right Alaska is good this time of year! Your pix are marvelous as always man! More MORE!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks for being so kind gents Very Happy , but i don't like them at all Sad . But i do like a few on this next lot! Very Happy
It's time to pay some respect to the unsung heroes of the tanker fleet so we leave Alaska...Brrrrrr.....for sunny Hawaii Cool in an MD-11.
Starting up outside one of the Coast Guard hangers at Kodiak USCG Station

Set up and ready to roll

Gear up

Climbing out of Alaska

Cruising at about the halfway mark

Honolulu comes into view

Nearly there

Whoa boy, i know i've got the auto-brakes on but that's ridiculous Smile oh nearly forgot, welcome to Hawaii Very Happy

Anyone know any cheap tyre fitters? Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

By my standards these shots are very nice! Thumbs Up!

By your standards Welsh these are garbage! Tongue Twist

Pro Member Chief Captain

They look awesome to me!!! Is that a cruise ship I saw there? Niiiice! I notice you have shadows on the land... pretty cool. I never thought of doing that.

Pro Member Captain

belgeode wrote:

They look awesome to me!!! Is that a cruise ship I saw there? Niiiice! I notice you have shadows on the land... pretty cool. I never thought of doing that.

Me to!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you for your comments gentlemen Very Happy !
Sticking with the tanker theme we could'nt go without mentioning the classic KC-135R which we'll be using today for our flight to Tokyo. Razz
Just to show we really are in Hawaii Smile

A long taxi to the active

Thought i was going to run out of runway, this thing needs a lot of it.

Turn back over the city to intercept our course to Tokyo(or just to show this nice scenery i found at Flightsim Laughing )

At cruise Alt

The view an incoming thirsty fighter would have

As we crossed the Pacific,darkness fell

On approach to Haneda (honest Smile )

Touchdown (after a missed approach Embarassed )Good job lolo's not in the Air Force she'd probably have something to say about that Shocked Very Happy !

Welcome to Japan Very Happy

Last edited by Welshflyer on Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Captain

sick shots, but do you know where your going and plan it all? Because if not try to go to kbwi Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Razgr1z912 wrote:

sick shots, but do you know where your going and plan it all? Because if not try to go to kbwi Smile

Thanks, i think that's a compliment Confused i do have a rough plan but as i stated at the start of the Lancer flight i don't think i'll be getting to Baltimore Sad ,sorry!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Those are great shots Welsh but I thought you'll more or less stick to the air force bases so just in case you don't come up with an idea where to fly here's the list of all U.S. Air Force bases home and abroad.

Arrow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Air_Force_installations

Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks VF Very Happy , i'm going to try and stay primarily to the bases but good addon scenery for them (especially those not in the US) is a bit sparse,apart from Europe that is, but i have got one for the next leg to Osan in South Korea! Smile
Thanks for the list, that will come in very handy Very Happy .

Pro Member Chief Captain

I think that is a good idea there Welsh... and I love the KC135... our local air force boys are the 911th airlift and the 171st air refueling wing... based right at KPIT. I got a lot of respect for those folks.

Can't wait for Korea...

Btw Lolo says hi.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks belgeode Smile , there's going to be a short delay in going to Korea as i'm taking a little detour. In keeping with trying to mainly use Airbases i travelled on the excellent virtual Japanese transport system the 23 miles to Yokota Airbase.
Here in the hanger was a Hogwart....(sorry, that's Harry Potter) a Warthog or A-10 Tankbuster.

So after startup we taxi along the flightline for the trip to Nagoya Int'l/Komaki/Stewart Pearson Airbase

Looking back along the flightline

Over the mountains to Nagoya

Arrival

As with many Japanese Airports you have the military one side

And commercial the other

Taxi to parking on the military side

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

nice welshflyer Wink o and where did you get the ai traffic?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks ace Smile , it's mostly PAI or WOAI apart from some static aircraft that comes with certain airport addon scenery!

Pro Member Chief Captain

what's WOAI??? Is that military traffic? If so I could use that for KPIT... see my last post.

Nice warthog by the way!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks bel Very Happy , check your pm's.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Great job Welsh! Nice choice of airctaft and a neat quick tour of the airport! Keep up the great work! Very Happy Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks Welsh i got it. That is one thing i have envied about your airports... they always look like they have life there.. not a ghost town.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great shots of the Warthog, fine job as always Welshflyer. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you all for your nice comments Very Happy !
Finally we leave for South Korea in an aircraft being put in place at night so Kim Jong ill does'nt know it's there Shocked .
Start up and taxi 10 mins before darkness falls

Bit hard to see this if you're an incoming fighter

Unless this happens

Just after this it all went dark

Descending into......

and arrival at Osan

Time to hide this before the morning.
By the way, anyone think the B-2 is a back engineered UFO Shocked ....perhaps Very Happy Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain

YES!!! reverse engineered UFO... maybe they took pieces from Megatron when he was locked in ice.

I love the spirit all the same... and welsh... stop being so hard on yourself man, your pix beat mine hands down!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks bel Very Happy , i must go and see Transformers!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Talking of reverse engineered UFOs, the next flight was to Prachuap Khiri Khan AB in Thailand Very Happy .
Before start in the blast shelter

A couple of A-10s safely tucked away

Follow the Warthog

Thailand here i come

Which one is the any key? Doh!!!

Welcome to Thailand Very Happy , i forgot to say it in Korea Sad

Shame i can't find any Thai Air Force AI! Sad
If you're wondering why i've got the "parking brakes on" banner up it's because the tags,ammo box, bomb rack and ladder only appear with the brakes on! Smile
It may seem like i'm rushing a bit but that's only because all the best scenery i have is in Europe(mainly the UK), so i'll slow down when i get there. Very Happy

Last edited by Welshflyer on Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Captain

Amazing shots Welsh!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks Smile , but i can't get anything on yours in FSX all i get is your post with a grey screen inbetween! Sad .

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Fantastic 2 sets WF! I love your Thailand scenery. Love Great aircraft and amazing clouds! Wink Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain

wait wait wait... the Thai have an air force???

lol.

I love the wobbly goblin, as they used to call it before they got all the bugs out of it.

I been meaning to download that one.

Ok so we are in Thailand now... wait for me, I am gonna get some food... they have THE BEST in the world.

Ok Welsh I am full... where to next?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

wait wait wait... the Thai have an air force???

lol.

I love the wobbly goblin, as they used to call it before they got all the bugs out of it.

I been meaning to download that one.

Ok so we are in Thailand now... wait for me, I am gonna get some food... they have THE BEST in the world.

Ok Welsh I am full... where to next?

ROFL still cant find out about the thai airforce Read Big Grin Great, spectacular awesome shot Welsh Cool Guess ur not going to KSEA Sad nahhhhh i dotn care Tongue

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks gents Very Happy , cheeks, i'll see what i can do about KSEA when i get back to the US Smile .
Next stop would be Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean, a British territory but basically just a US Airbase. For this we'd use the venerable C-130 (i found a texture for this in Thai Air Force markings,but as this is a USAF tour..... Smile ).
The Thai Govt asked us if we could drop a few people off on the way, so drop the ramp and let them on
One and Two running
Thanks but we're just leaving
So we left

Now i know we said we'd drop some people off but this is ridiculous.....

After our "guests" left we climbed and cruised to our destination
Turning for approach
Gear down, all set
What lovely sea Rolling Eyes
Steady..
Welcome to Diego Garcia Very Happy Very Happy
If you would'nt mind just parking behind the B-2 Stealth bomber that would be fine Shocked

Pro Member Captain

Awesome welsh!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That's spectacular; I've never seen paratroopers in Flight Simulator, nice touch. Your shots are great, love the Herc.Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Where did u get the paratroopers from your shots are great Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Brilliant screenies! Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain

OMG!!!! Welsh that is outrageous!! hahaha Paratroopers! I love it.

Question, so is that what happens when you don't upgrade to first class, they push you out of the plane?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks gents Very Happy , but i can't claim this as my own find as i'd seen it posted a while back( sorry but i can't remember who Embarassed )and i thought it looked pretty good , it belongs to the C-130 Royal Danish Air Force package here https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2938/fs2004-royal-danish-air-force-lockheed-c-130-hercules/ second down, all i did was find a USAF texture for it.
Ps. bel that was First Class Shocked , if your credit card is rejected!
PPS. Diego Garcia was a base where many B-52 missions were flown from during the Gulf Conflicts!

Pro Member Chief Captain

mental note... make sure credit card is up to date...

Man Welsh... that is so awesome i may have to download that one... any idea where to get the usaf texture?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Ok gents i'm back Very Happy (now don't groan like that Smile ).
It's time to leave Diego Garcia and make our way to Bandirma Airbase in Turkey in Europe's answer to the C-130, the Airbus A400M , i don't know if the USAF will get any but i found some textures for it so i used them Laughing .
Early morning at Diego
Wonder where he's going?
Off into the sunrise

Now i know some people like to be on ready alert but how close to the runway are they Shocked

Shut down next to some F-16's

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Thumbs Up! Keep it up, you're doing a wonderful job Welsh! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks VF Smile , i did'nt include any cruise shots as you know how boring they can be sometimes, especially on a tour like this when you see them again...and again... and again..... Sleep .

Pro Member Chief Captain

Wow... I did not even know that one existed!!!
Nice find there Welsh.

I guess those viper boys have a long walk from the terminal...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

Wow... I did not even know that one existed!!!
Nice find there Welsh.

I guess those viper boys have a long walk from the terminal...

Ohhh yeah Very Happy. Great Shots, brilliant shots, i just dont know what to say, 10/10 mate just brilliant Very Happy Cool Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thank you gentlemen that's very nice of you Very Happy .
The next leg was to Syros in Greece (it's not an Airbase but i've got to land somewhere Razz ).
Hmmm it's raining on my nice shiney F-4 Phantom Sad
Wonder if i could take em Shocked
Welcome to Greece Very Happy (did i say it in Turkey? Confused )

Pro Member Chief Captain

You missed turkey, but that's ok, I am not hungary right now...

Nice phantom there!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

You missed turkey, but that's ok, I am not hungary right now...

Nice phantom there!!!

ROFL Great shots Welsh! Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Great shots. Welshflyer that F-4 looks great, where did you get it from Question

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks all, "i'm not Hungary" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Cheeks it's here http://www.simviation.com/fs2004military10.htm bottom of page!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Problems, problems, problems with this flight Evil or Very Mad i kept getting a runtime error and crashing back to desktop, i don't know if it's this aircraft or the HSP scenery i downloaded for Greece. So i deleted the scenery i could find as the first install sent it somewhere i can't find Shocked (hence starting from the runway), but it still happened ,but after a few attempts i finally got some shots.
I'm pretty sure this is a fictional texture and model (F-24) as i can't find it on airliners.net and they've pretty much got photos of everything Smile .
So here we go to Italy in the F-24 Tornado Wild Weasel.

Welcome to Italy Very Happy , eventually!
Parked at Gioia Del Colle Military

Pro Member Captain

Awesome shots.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Razgr1z912 wrote:

Awesome shots.

Thanks Smile , i really wish i could see yours Confused .
Next flight is to Pferdsfeld in Germany, a German Airforce base in the USAF T-43A G (Boeing 737-200 to you and me Very Happy )
All aboard
Taxi past the Italian Tornados

Rotate

Good morning ladies and gentlemen , your inflight music today will be...i'll let you try and guess the band, the clues are..British/Glam Rock/Lead singer killed in a car crash in the 70's/Dinosaur

Welcome to Germany Very Happy
Deploy reversers

Last edited by Welshflyer on Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Very nice work Welsh! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Nice shots Welshflyer, nice looking T-43A. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks VegasFlyer and CRJCapt Very Happy , no takers on the band yet then ?

Pro Member Chief Captain

OMG Welsh... nice looking 737 there... I am always amazed that the USAF uses older boeing versions... they need to step up to the plate and get a 737-800...

By the way, my guess on the band is King Crimson.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

OMG Welsh... nice looking 737 there... I am always amazed that the USAF uses older boeing versions... they need to step up to the plate and get a 737-800...

By the way, my guess on the band is King Crimson.

They do use the 737-700 Arrow

Wink
Thanks for the link Welsh and wonderful screens as always Group Wave
Cheeks Cheers!

Pro Member Chief Captain

hmmmm close enough I guess.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks gents Very Happy , by the way the name of the band was "T-REX" perhaps they never made it in the US!
Sorry for the amount of shots in this one but i did get rid of a few Rolling Eyes .
Starting up in Pferdsfeld in the superb F-15 Eagle

Start taxi past the blast shelters

Ready to depart for RAF Conningsby in the UK

Crossing the coast into Kent
Descending
Turning for final in not very good weather
At last runway in sight
Welcome to the UK Very Happy

Taxi in

Nice Typhoons Smile oh and Lancaster in the background, as this is the home of the Battle of Britain memorial flight
You might just make out the Spitfire, Hurricane and DC-3 in the background

Sorry again for the amount of shots!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The F-15 is my favorite military combat aircraft and you've taken some great shots. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Chief Captain

Hey great pics love the eurofighter also love the spitfire

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

I used to have F-15 Strike Eagle game. It was great, I played it every day and since the day I got that game F-15 is one of my favorite strike figher aircraft. These are brilliant shots. The best so far. Great job WF! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

Once again Welsh you come up with another GREAT flight...

T-Rex !!! AHH!!! I should have known that. When you said Dinosaur I was thinking the song from King Crimson.

DOH!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

F-15, easily the best fighter of all time IMO. Thats not a lot of shots i've seen longer Laughing. GREAT SHOTS Group Wave im not too good with old bands Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks gents Very Happy , i was'nt sure if anybody would get T-Rex, especially you cheeks you're waaaaaaay too young to remember them, was'nt sure if bel would get it either as he's not as old as me either! Sad Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain

That may be, but I have heard enough T-Rex to know them... I'll chalk it up to being braindead this weekend.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

That may be, but I have heard enough T-Rex to know them... I'll chalk it up to being braindead this weekend.

I spend most of the time like that! Very Happy
The next flight is just a short one (about 150 miles) to RAF Valley in North Wales, the RAFs fast jet training base, in an F-5.
Couple of RAF pilots taking a look Rolling Eyes
Wait for the Eurofighter to pass before beginning taxi
Anyone hungry? Shocked

RAF Conningsby falls behind

Shut down next to some Hawks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Amazing airport scenery and superb shots! You've done it again WF! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

Constantly amazed by the scenery and the planes... great work Welsh... welcome to .... umm where are we again?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks both Very Happy , bel i should have said welcome to Wales but as it's part of the UK i did'nt even think of it Embarassed (me being a Welshman too..!!).
The next couple of shots of the next leg i've kept to a minimum as i was'nt really happy with the overall quality of the aircraft, whilst fully functional and adequate it's not the best, so i tried to get angles where you would'nt notice but in some you can (sorry bout that!).
The reason i used this was, i was wondering what would be the quickest way of crossing the Atlantic, and of course there's only one aircraft for the job and that's the fastest aircraft in the World (that we know of, until they tell us about Aurora and pulse detonation engines.... Rolling Eyes ), and that is the SR-71 Blackbird.
So here we go from RAF Valley in Wales to Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland USA.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well you coulda said welcome HOME... being in Wales hahaaha.

No worries though, awesome plane and flight there.. I got a blackbird but it sucks... I need one like yours. I was able to get it to like 45,000 then it started this violent shaking.

Not to mention it had no wheels on it.... seriously, I would line up on the runway... no wheels under it. I guess it used repulsorlift technology from Star Wars???

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks bel Very Happy , this could be the same one only updated, it's here second from bottom http://www.simviation.com/fs2004military60.htm as mine used to have no wheels either!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Those are nice shots Welsh. I don't like the aircraft at all. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

Those are nice shots Welsh. I don't like the aircraft at all. Wink

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It's not the best is it, but if you want to cross the Atlantic in under 3 hours.... Shocked !

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

I don't know if anyone has asked but what AI are you using Think
Your shots are sooo awesome dude!! Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks cheeks Very Happy , the RAF Conningsby scenery and AI is here and it's freeware Shocked , the RAF Valley scenery is part of a UK2000 payware package but they do have some freeware ai here http://www.uk2000scenery.com/afcad/index.htm bottom of page!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

It's me again Very Happy , this time the flight will take us from Andrews Air Force Base to Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri in the F-22 Raptor. I think we'll subtitle this one "payware is not always better than freeware", firstly i downloaded the ex-payware F-22 for this flight but decided this freeware one looked better, and secondly one of these bases is payware and the other freeware. Which do you reckon is which?
Start up at Andrews
Taxi past some AI aircraft (all static)
Hmmm nice private aircraft Smile
Gotta keep your eyes open with this flying malarkey

Now you see em
Now you don't
Approaching Whiteman AFB

Welcome to Missouri Very Happy
Taxi in past some AI aircraft that taxi and take off

A KC-135 making it's way to the runway
Taxi to parking past some nasty looking A-10s

Pro Member Chief Captain

Woot for the raptor!!! SO which was which... the airport with the AI that moves was that the pay or freeware?

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Wlesh these are kick butt shots. Scenery is magnificent, aircraft looks very nice even though you haven't included any cockpit shots this time. Wink Great job WF! Keep it up bro'! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks gents Very Happy ! Whiteman AFB with KC-135s and B-2s taxi-ing and taking off is the freeware scenery!
P.S VF...Wlesh Shocked ... have you been drinking? Very Happy Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Laughing Laughing No, I haven't been drinking I'm just in a good mood! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Glad to hear it! Smile
Probably the penultimate flight cos i'm running out of aircraft Sad , so we head up to Seattle again to KSEA as requested Very Happy in the E-4 Airborne Command and Control aircraft.

Welcome to Seattle Very Happy

Sorry about the lack of captions but i've got toothache and it's hard to speak Very Happy .

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Very nice shots! The aircraft looks a bit austere, it's missing that shine, at least to me. Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hail to the chief!!! Go Welsh!!!

I love that shot with the tree in it, that is classic!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

WHOOOHOOOO, SEATTLE!! Laughing Laughing Thanks Welsh Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great shots and aircraft Welshflyer. I didn't realize that the F-22 was out for FS, looks great. Thumbs Up!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks gents Very Happy , VF iknow what you mean, Cheeks no problem! Very Happy
CRJCapt the ex-payware IRIS f-22 is here second down http://www.simviation.com/fs2004military137.htm i can't find the one i used but i think it's the K Ito model at the same site.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

OK, the time has come for the final flight of this tour, after many various aircraft of the US Air Force we return to an old favourite of mine, the 707.
We made the journey from Seattle to Tacoma (about 21 miles) so we could board the aircraft at McChord AFB. When i first downloaded this and i saw it was from 1963 i thought it was the Air Force One that was used by JFK but then i realised there's no Presidential seal on the nose so it was probably just a vip aircraft. So lets pretend it's Air Force One carrying the United States greatest President ever who was.....Jed Bartlett Very Happy .
Start her up
How big is that Globemaster in the background? It wont fit in the hanger Shocked
Taxi
Nellis bound

Welcome back to Nevada Very Happy
Tower:-Captain, you were slightly to the left of the centreline on landing
Captain:- That is correct tower and my co-pilot was slightly to the right Very Happy (an actual transcription that i remember from somewhere).

So that's it, thanks to everyone who viewed and posted their kind comments and...... what!......pardon......what do you mean i forgot something.... wha!!!!!
OH YEAH, while we were here this happened..

Thanks everyone Very Happy !

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Laughing Laughing Laughing Great wrap to this tour! Amazing shots! Great aircraft! Hope you come up with something else soon WF! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

damn showoff... you just HAD to end it in style!!!

It's been a blast Welsh... Your stories are why I came here!

Absolutely brilliant!

I raise this beer to YOU!!!

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

Brilliant tour, have been checking this forum everyday for a new flight, Thank you

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Great Job, I'm speechless. Clapping Clapping Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

One of the best, if not THE best tour that has happened for a while. Just awesome. Great job Welshflyer Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Thanks very much all! Smile

Pro Member Captain

Just had a look at the latest.... September? Great shots as always - loved the acrobatics on the LV strip. I'd like to see more with the USAF tour.