Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

The Design of FSX ...

Pro Member First Officer
jetman35 First Officer

I have a question in reference to design of FSX. For the life of me I can't understand why fsx was design to be so heavy CPU dependent. All of these fps problems would be taken care of if the video card was the main player instead of the CPU. Maybe somebody out there can explain to me why this is.

It would seem to me that a good solution to this issue is to create a version of FSX that is design to be used on high end video cards ONLY. Maybe DX10 will take care of this issue? I have a 8800 gts 640 card and I know that it is fully capable of handing the large frame rates.

Anybody help me on this??? Maybe Phil Taylor can help me.

Jetman

Pro Member Trainee
trecool999 Trainee

I guess 256mb is all it really needs. I can handle full GFX at about 15 fps. Except the water looks kinda crap and confuses me when flying low.

I think it was something to do with Microsoft expecting to have awesome PC's for cheap prices when they started making it a couple of years ago.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

jetman35 wrote:

I have a question in reference to design of FSX. For the life of me I can't understand why fsx was design to be so heavy CPU dependent. All of these fps problems would be taken care of if the video card was the main player instead of the CPU. Maybe somebody out there can explain to me why this is.

It would seem to me that a good solution to this issue is to create a version of FSX that is design to be used on high end video cards ONLY. Maybe DX10 will take care of this issue? I have a 8800 gts 640 card and I know that it is fully capable of handing the large frame rates.

Anybody help me on this??? Maybe Phil Taylor can help me.

Jetman

One of the reasons I ain't buyin FSX. FS9 is much more down to earth on the graphics and everything, plus tons of add-ons are available. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Once FSX starts becoming more of the standard fs and my computer is upgraded i'll start playing it 😉