Off course by 4 deg

Pro Member Trainee
Flybud Trainee

Hello all, 😀

Only 4wks into FS2004 and while using FSRadar Contact iv`e came across a problem with the aircraft headings being 4deg out and i suspect the altitude is way out too.
I was hoping someone might shed some light on the problem as i`m hoping to go flying online in the near future.

I`ve just started using FSRC and it repeatedly kept giving warnings about hdg and alt no matter what plane was used.The hdg`s and alt were correct in either the hdg bug or MCP depending on aircraft.

While flying pmdg`s 737-900 after t/o,ATC would give me a heading of say 090deg, my plane after entering it in MCP would turn and travel at 086 deg.If i then turned on my FMC using LNAV and VNAV and it turned and followed the flightplan then everythings ok...till i have to change hdg/alt for approach because as soon as i enter something into the MCP the warnings start.

If i`m on a straight flightplan plath and i enter the exact bearing i`m following and come off LNAV and use the heading icon,the plane veers off at exactly 4 deg angle to the path.I turn on the FMC/LNAV again and it comes back on course.
Also,if i`m descending to 2500 for the glidescope at near 3500 the co-pilot screams 2500 yet i know i`m at 3500.Once i hit the localiser everythings spot on again and land no problem.

This happens with or without FSRC and with every plane i use.
I`m using FS9.1,FSUIPC 3.7 (registered),FSRC 4.3 and the only other addons used are Active sky6,FSpassenger,FSBuild2 and FSnavigator.I also update everything with Navigraph`s latest Airacs,Sids.Their`s been no other addons installed or uninstalled.

I could be way off course here but could true north have anything to do with it,maybe somethings set for that when it shouldn`t be?.

Hope you guys can come up with something,would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul C.

Note: Barometer Altitudes reguarly tuned.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Press D to correct the heading and B to set the altimiter. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Flybud Trainee

Your post gave me laugh at first,what a dumbass i am i thought 🙄 ,till i realised i already use the `B` key albiet changed as i can only use F1-F12keys on PMDG`s planes.
I didn`t know about the `D` key but when tried it didn`t make a difference.I checked to make sure it wasn`t taken by another key.
Thanks anyways,any more ideas?.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...