graphics cards

Smokeyone Guest

I am building a new pc from scratch and plan on usuing an Abit AV8 3rd eye motherboard. After checking I have been told it should be VIA based as I need to use Linux.

AMD Athlon 64 3200 Winchester 90nm

Has anyone got this combination and if so what would be a good graphics card. The system is for the office so I cannot stretch the budget too far but I can a little.

Thanks
Smokeyone

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Via base with an Athlon - yea. Regarding graphics, I can recommend a 5200FX - very easy on the wallet, totally compatible with Linux (I run it on BSD and Fedora) and good graphics quality/fps for the price. I have a high end 5950 Ultra also under Windows, that gives some great frame rates. What would you be using your Linux box for mainly?

Smokeyone Guest

I am going to give Linux a try and it was suggested suse might be the easiest to start with. Currently I use Lotus word pro, Eudora, Opera, Paint shop pro & quickbooks so I hope to find similiar Linux.

Thanks

Smokeyone

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...