Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Oakland Intl to Hawaii (787 - DreamLiner)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Chief Captain

i flew my 787 for the first complete flight i have done in it even though this is only my second time flying this plane.

I also did this in the fsx multiplayer so i had people come and go

so here it is and please comment and rate

I tacken off from Oakland at 11:30am
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Takeing off from Oakland intl

Turning right to head out to the pacific

Flying near the Golden Gate bridge at 11000ft

The Carrier near San Francisco

The last part of land till Hawaii

Its just a nice pic.

This was when my mate Craig joined my session

Approuching Hawaii

I don't know what this person was doing but he suddenly went into a dive!!!

Decending to 5000ft for landing im just 60miles out

Now just past the airport to make my approuch

lineing up with the runway

coming on approuch

I just like this pic and also it was raining when i landing and had some cross-wind

Cleard to land

Landed safely at 3:00pm still on san francisco time

I parked well somewhere

This was my mate Craig just landed

even though this was a 4 hour trip i left oakland with 100% fuel and landed at Hawaii with still 62% of fuel left

That showes it can go fare
-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for looking also Thanks to anyone who comments and rates.

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

Good-looking aircraft. Nice shots of it.

mdaskalos

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Very nice shots. I like the aircraft's livery. Smile

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

Very impressive screenshots!!

I have been wanting to ask this question since quite a while, why do the wings flex so much? Is it like that in real life too? I know certain A/C wing's flex but this seems rather a lot and many other 787's in the Gallery.

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

Mc_GaNgStA wrote:

I have been wanting to ask this question since quite a while, why do the wings flex so much? Is it like that in real life too? I know certain A/C wing's flex but this seems rather a lot and many other 787's in the Gallery.

Artists concept renderings released by Boeing show that much wingflex. Will it in real life? No one outside of Boeing knows. Somehow, people (including add-on developers) were likewise convinced that the wings had large amounts of curvature built into them and that the wings would look like that on the ground too, but the cat's out of the bag: The public rollout of the 787 this past July showed it with STRAIGHT wings at rest.

The reason they all look like that in the gallery is that there are very few sim releases of 787s out there (maybe even only one), so of course the gallery shots end up much alike.

mdaskalos

Last edited by mdaskalos on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

mdaskalos wrote:

Mc_GaNgStA wrote:

Artists concept renderings released by Boeing show that much wingflex. Will it in real life? Noone outside of Boeing knows. Somehow, people (including add-on developers) were likewise convinced that the wings had large amounts of curvature built into them and that the wings would look like that on the ground too, but the cat's out of the bag: The public rollout of the 787 this past July showed it with STRAIGHT wings at rest.

The reason they all look like that in the gallery is that there are very few sim releases of 787s out there (maybe even only one), so of course the gallery shots end up much alike.

mdaskalos

are you saying the 787 in real life does not have wings like that because thay do thay made it for longer range twine engine plane and the wind going over a curved wing realses more lift and power

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1233662/M/

Any more questions?

mdaskalos

Pro Member Chief Captain

alright i see what you mean then watch this video its shows both type of planes the strait wing and curved wing and tells you about it

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Great shots Morris. The 2nd one looked a bit out of wack with the water and land but otherwise 9/10 Clapping

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks cheeks i never got a 9/10 before Very Happy

Thanks everybody for commenting on screenshots i know i don't have the best graphic card thats why i have not got any houses and tree's i just have the airport building's.

But il be getting a better one soon but im playing fsx on a laptop so if any ones got any good suggestions on what one to get for a laptop please comment back.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

As much as I know it's not possible to cheaply upgrade your graphics card on laptop. I use one too. Wink