Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

A Tribute to Newark Liberty (KEWR)

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

This is Newark Liberty International Airport, my home international airport. It is also one of my favorites.

Here are the pics. I hope you'll like them!

The Traffic 2005's AFCAD was replaced with the AFCAD that comes with the scenery. I wonder how KEWR's parking spaces would look like if I used 2005's AFCAD with this cool scenery.

The only downside to this scenery is that at some areas of the airport, FS would say that I crashed into some sort of object even though I don't even see it! One example is if the aircraft is parked too close to the terminal and another example is when I was taxing, FS say I crashed into something but there's nothing that touched the aircraft!

Look for the addon I used called, "Newark Liberty (KEWR) Default Scenery Replacement v1.0" in the FS2004 Scenery section on AVSIM. Trust me, FS will say that you crashed into a certain object when you did not.

Now I'm not saying that this is a bad addon (This is the best freeware addon that I could find) , but I'm trying to let you see for yourself about the flaw in the addon. Maybe you could tell the author of this addon to fix this glitch.

Anyway I should be quiet now so you could see my pics.

I set the traffic to 60%.

I think I set Traffic to 100% around this point. FPS are 1.

Terminal C with the control tower and the airport hotel at the center

Terminal B

Terminal A and the cargo terminals farther out

KEWR's 2 main runways

More of Terminal C. Continental Airlines owns all of the gates at Terminal C

cargo terminals and/or hangars

Sorry about the faulty aircraft textures.

Last edited by KevinTsai on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Nice shots Kevin 😉. 1 fps, how on earth did u play 😳

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Cheeks wrote:

Nice shots Kevin 😉. 1 fps, how on earth did u play 😳

It was hard to me to play because with 1 FPS your screen goes jittery if you know what I mean. But I did it so I could have as much traffic as I can for you all to see.

If only I could make this into a video (I don't know how to), it would be totally cool!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

That'd be cool on video 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Truly a NICE airport there!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

Kevintsai, you are a martyr to your system, great shots, you are what flightsim is all about and that is the sheer enjoyment of it. You are an example to us all, where we complain about frame rates ,system specs, screenshots not being right, whether Vista is better than XP for flightsim etc etc, you just breeze in and show us what it's all about ,and that is the enjoyment and thrill of just being able to do it, no matter what system we have.Perhaps we should sit back and think back to where we all first found flightsim and the sheer thrill of it and once more just enjoy it for what it is. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

hear hear Welsh... I second that!

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Kevintsai, you are a martyr to your system, great shots, you are what flightsim is all about and that is the sheer enjoyment of it. You are an example to us all, where we complain about frame rates ,system specs, screenshots not being right, whether Vista is better than XP for flightsim etc etc, you just breeze in and show us what it's all about ,and that is the enjoyment and thrill of just being able to do it, no matter what system we have.Perhaps we should sit back and think back to where we all first found flightsim and the sheer thrill of it and once more just enjoy it for what it is. 😀

🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

I second that Group Wave 🍻

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Thank you guys, I really enjoyed your comments! 😀

Now the only downside to this KEWR scenery addon is that if you park too close to the gate, FS will say that you have an object collision and FS will reset the flight.

Like soon as I load up FS, FS says I have an object collision, even when my plane is not touching anything! Glad that I have a screenshot of it.

The only way to stop this happening is to set the realism setting to "ignore crashes and damage" in the realism section.

Can someone email the person who made this scenery and ask him to fix the problem and make an update on AVSIM? His name is Steve Whalin and he has 2 emails:

s_whalin@yahoo.com

gator40019@ excite.com

I think the second one doesn't work.

Can anyone let him know that there's a glitch in the KEWR addon? I hope you can do that for me.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Here is a suggestion Kevin... try and find a different AFCAD2 file for that airport... I had that happen with KPIT when I updated, and I found new AFCAD files for that and many other airports that parks the plane in the correct spots... no crashes. Avsim has them I believe... just type in your airport name it should come up.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

belgeode wrote:

Here is a suggestion Kevin... try and find a different AFCAD2 file for that airport... I had that happen with KPIT when I updated, and I found new AFCAD files for that and many other airports that parks the plane in the correct spots... no crashes. Avsim has them I believe... just type in your airport name it should come up.

I don't think its the AFCAD. I think it has something to do with the scenery. By the way, I downloaded one AFCAD that goes with the scenery I had and it still doesn't prevent FS saying that I crashed into something.

Pro Member First Officer
KevinTsai First Officer

Could anyone let Steve Whalin know that his KEWR scenery has a glitch in it, like email him? I already tried it once but he didn't respond. The more people complaining about the glitch, the more likely that he'll fix it and post an update on AVSIM!