Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Parked airplanes

Pro Member First Officer
art lippel (effieveda) First Officer

Does anyone know of a way to "plant" an aircraft on a space in an airport in FSX? It could be ai, almost any Fs default or a down load for fs2002 or 2004, civilian or military. I'm trying to populate a boneyard. I was thinking that there might be a trick using Ttools or something along those lines.
Regards ... Art 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try this.
There is quite a library of objects at avsim.

http://www.rwy12.com/rwy12/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for the quick reply RM. At first glance I think it may be more than I bargained for, but I shall plod on and see if I can figure it out.
Best regards ... Art

Pro Member First Officer

Well, I plodded on, downloaded Rwy12 ObjectPlacer and I was right, it is more than I bargained for. The installation instructions are very confusing. It says to download FSUIPC, dotnetfx.exe, and msxml4.msi. The last one is no longer available so at that point I was stopped from installing it. I did install the program itself and it would appear that it's excactly what I need, but of course it will not work. I have no idea what msxml4 is or if there is an equivalent. Maybe someone with far more knowledge than mine could suggest something. The instructions also say to put files in folders that do not excist in FSX which leaves me to believe that it was to be used with FS9. If anyone could help me it sure would be appreciated.
Best regards ... Art Embarassed