Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Flight Sim History

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

This really is a HUGE improvement from 1980-present Shocked . Those who complain about graphics really should be greatful Wink Intresting in my opinion Arrow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Microsoft_Flight_Simulator

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

flight simulator 1 thats crazy those graphics and framerates by subLOGIC and MSFS 1.0

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

acepilot32 wrote:

flight simulator 1 thats crazy those graphics and framerates by subLOGIC and MSFS 1.0

Laughing Yeah I know, but it started the line to FSX which has awesome graphics Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Not to date myself, but I started with Flight Simulator II... I remember it was used by my high school's Air Force ROTC... but I would beg them to let me use it.

You may say it all went downhill from there hahahah.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

Not to date myself, but I started with Flight Simulator II... I remember it was used by my high school's Air Force ROTC... but I would beg them to let me use it.

You may say it all went downhill from there hahahah.

Laughing I just noticed Flight Simulator is older than me Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yup it's a pretty old title...

one of the first games I ever played on computer... nothing has changed... hahaa

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

What about ping-pong with just the lines as paddles and a circle as a ball, black & white. Man those times must have been cool Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

yeah Pong... I remember when my dad brought home a lil dinky atari with that on there, we thought we were the coolest kids on the block... our neighbor's kids would line up to try and beat me and my brother at it.

Nowadays I look back at that, and think about now when I cannot even beat my own daughter at Gran Turismo III... hahahaha. Heck my 7 year old son can whoop me in a race now.

I think you young'ins should be thankful... you have a LOT of good stuff to play with that you were basically born into... you did not have to live through the old days when we got FOUR color graphics and thought OMG we are TEH UBER!

Any of you old timers out there remember the Star Wars arcade game with vector graphics?

We were soooo cool back then hahahahahahahahaha.

Oh by the way... i STILL play pong... at work. We have it on our work computers... I guess they figure it is not TOO distracting. Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Lol, I have an Atari with Space Invaders and other cool games. Man sometimes I prefer it over anything, I just love those classic games Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

I tell you one thing... it was SIMPLE....

Not like now trying to get an ILS approach setup, or grinding to get your (insert profession class here) up to level 90 so you can take on the elite boss MOBs.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

I tell you one thing... it was SIMPLE....

Not like now trying to get an ILS approach setup, or grinding to get your (insert profession class here) up to level 90 so you can take on the elite boss MOBs.

Smile Very Happy Laughing ROFL And a cheers to that Cheers!