SearchSearch 

747 cockpit W engine guages

Pro Member Trainee
tomax7 Trainee

Hi
747-400

In FS2002, if you were in the cockpit view and then hit W, you'd get a outside view with small round gauges along the bottom of the screen. It was nice to know what airspeed you were going.

For some retarded reason in FS2004, in doing the same thing you end up with two huge square altermeter and something gauges taking up 1/3 of the screen and blocking your forward view.

DUMB!

I heard there was a 'fix' or patch for this to put it back to the normal small round gauges, anyone know of it?

cheers
tom

7 Responses

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Why don't you just click on SHIFT+Z and check your speed, altitude and Heading from the Red text at the top of the screen ?

Another press of SHIFT+Z and you also have fuel %.... another press shuts it off... This is what I use to check speed etc when flying from outside the plane.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Sorry, realised you meant staying inside the cockpit but without the panel.....

You can still do it - press W twice, and you'll lose the panels and the big ugly guages that you don't like.

Then you can press SHIFT+Z and have a lovely unobstructed view ahead.

I know what you mean about the huge guage display on the FS2004 747 but this isn't a FS2004 problems, it's just that plane (the FS2004 747).

Pro Member Trainee
tomax7 Trainee

Yeah, sorry you missed the point again. I know about going W to cycle through various veiws, but I want the small guages so when coming in for a landing I can keep an eye on airspeed as well as altitude.

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

Sorry, realised you meant staying inside the cockpit but without the panel.....

You can still do it - press W twice, and you'll lose the panels and the big ugly guages that you don't like.

Then you can press SHIFT+Z and have a lovely unobstructed view ahead.

I know what you mean about the huge guage display on the FS2004 747 but this isn't a FS2004 problems, it's just that plane (the FS2004 747).

Pro Member Trainee
tomax7 Trainee

Oh I forgot to ask, anyone got a "working" B-52? I'd like to bomb Iraq Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

This is a beauty, I have it. It comes complete with a drogue chute you can deploy at landing.
Boeing B-52 Stratofortress Full Upgrade

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=52fullup.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Radar

Thanks!

RadarMan wrote:

This is a beauty, I have it. It comes complete with a drogue chute you can deploy at landing.
Boeing B-52 Stratofortress Full Upgrade

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=52fullup.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Enjoy it, I was always fascinated by that old workhorse.
That wingspan and the sheer hulk of that body make it one of the most interesting aircraft to watch take off.

Radar