Traffic lineups

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Is there a download that causes traffic to not dissapear after waiting for a while. When it happens it really pisses me off, it's so unrealistic and I love traffic hold-ups. Any help appreciated 😉

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

A better bet would be something that ensures that traffic always gets the call to move.

I have noticed when I am waiting in line there is always one plane who is NOT getting clearance to takeoff.

Has to be something we can do... it does get annoying sitting behind 10 US Air flights at KPIT...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

I usually like a huge lineup, I hope there is a download somewhere 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

There are also some airportds in Eurorpe like Dublin and Barcelone where you can't ask for take off clearance unless you taxi on to the active runway. Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Please, does anyone know of a download so it doesn't happen. Maybe there is a file somewhere in the maze of files on fs2004 that if I delete it it won't happen 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Anyone? Help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

No one knows, I guess I have to keep on being Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Chief Captain

Only thing I can think of cheeks... gonna search and find out what bgl or whatever it is that determines how long planes sit there for... and try and edit it.

BUT here is the problem... if the tower does not give clearance, the plane will sit there..... FOREVER. It's waiting for tower to give the OK from hold short to line up to cleared for takeoff... on my comp when this happens it is between line up and cleared for takeoff that the tower is forgetting to talk to them.

So sounds to me like what we REALLY need to find is a better program to run the ATC. I think Welsh had one... I'll have to ask him, or maybe he will see this post.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

Only thing I can think of cheeks... gonna search and find out what bgl or whatever it is that determines how long planes sit there for... and try and edit it.

BUT here is the problem... if the tower does not give clearance, the plane will sit there..... FOREVER. It's waiting for tower to give the OK from hold short to line up to cleared for takeoff... on my comp when this happens it is between line up and cleared for takeoff that the tower is forgetting to talk to them.

So sounds to me like what we REALLY need to find is a better program to run the ATC. I think Welsh had one... I'll have to ask him, or maybe he will see this post.

Thank you bel for the response 😀

Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer

as much as you like waiting in traffic, i have a wonderful treat for you.
come to toronto in your car, and drive the 401 at rush hour. you will be delighted for hours! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

It's funny to me that Flight Simulator pilots want tons of traffic, ATC delays, long taxi lines and ATC speed assignments. Real pilots hate all of those things. Nothing wrong with it, just part of wanting a more realistic simulation but the difference is strange to me. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

It's funny to me that Flight Simulator pilots want tons of traffic, ATC delays, long taxi lines and ATC speed assignments. Real pilots hate all of those things. Nothing wrong with it, just part of wanting a more realistic simulation but the difference is strange to me. 😂

Yeah, I've once been in a flight from Seattle to JFK and at JFK waited for an hour, I wasn't too happy, cheezyflier, no thanks it would take like 4 hours to get to Toronto first, then wait in traffic, NO WAY! 😂 I did a touch and go at Tacoma Intl and aborted 3 times 😳 I just decided to go to King County Airport, my instructor wasn't too happy either, so I ended up going back to Tacoma at 12:00pm so there was not much traffic, I was landing there for experience at large airports 😉I don't know but real world flying you hate traffic but in FS you love traffic ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA...

Nice observation there Capt!

For the record I like the wait cause it gives me something to complain and point at the screen about... and my family gets a kick out of seeing me go bananas over virtual traffic.

I provide them hours of enjoyment...

hahahahaaha

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

belgeode wrote:

CRJCapt wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA...

Nice observation there Capt!

For the record I like the wait cause it gives me something to complain and point at the screen about... and my family gets a kick out of seeing me go bananas over virtual traffic.

I provide them hours of enjoyment...

....me too Embarassed I might do what my avatar does to whatever plane flies over my house 😳

hahahahaaha

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Hello everyone, long time no see etc.etc. 🙂
Good to see y'all are still going strong here.

Cheeks; to your original question: The principal of AI traffic handling in FS9 was built in such a way that the program checks at certain intervals where an AI plane is, and where it is supposed to be, according to it's flightplan. If there is too big a difference, the plane will disappear.

Unless there has been some mod that changed this the last few months (I'm a bit behind on the news Wink ) you can't get around it I'm afraid, it's how it was built....

Happy landings 🙂 👍

Ard

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

ARD-DC wrote:

Hello everyone, long time no see etc.etc. 🙂
Good to see y'all are still going strong here.

Cheeks; to your original question: The principal of AI traffic handling in FS9 was built in such a way that the program checks at certain intervals where an AI plane is, and where it is supposed to be, according to it's flightplan. If there is too big a difference, the plane will disappear.

Unless there has been some mod that changed this the last few months (I'm a bit behind on the news Wink ) you can't get around it I'm afraid, it's how it was built....

Happy landings 🙂 👍

Ard

Hello, nice to meet you 😀 🍻 Thank you for answering my query and everyone else 😀 I guess i'll wait 🙄 Does this happen in FSX? There should be a feature where you can disable it Idea

Cheers

Cheeks

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...