Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Hi Im a new guy and I was wondering what I need to do to

Pro Member Trainee
Musashi5 Trainee

Hi
I was wondering what I need to do to install the softwares that I have downloaded and is there different procedure every time you download something??

It will be great if you can help me

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Welcome to our community Musashi5
It would be great help if you could let us know what software you have downloaded.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

davec is right.
Lets start with aircraft and hope you didn't mean scenery, extra textures etc.

You need WinZip to unzip the folders.
You can get the trial one at WinZip it's the best you can use and the trial will last for years.

I think I know what you are asking but I try answering two ways.
One, If you cannot find your downloads to "unzip" them, send them to "My Computer", "My Briefcase" or even to "Desktop".
You can enter them from any of those areas.
I download to a folder that I have in "My Briefcase" it's just handy for me that way.
Installing.
Ok,
I do it a more complicated way, but it works.
Make certain you have a full aircraft not just textures.

Unzip the file and now it's in it's own little window, you work from there. Dump the jpgs.

dblc=double-click

dblc on "My Computer"
dblc on The "C" drive icon.
dblc on "Program files"
dblc on "Microsoft Games".
dblc on "Flight Simulator.

Now you have all the folders laid out in front of you.
Follow the directions in the read-me that came with the aircraft.
Put the gauges in the gauge folder.
Put the effects in the effects folder.
Put the aircraft in the aircraft folder; make certain it has the correct name of the plane.

Now go crash land like I do.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Welcome

Whenever you get stuck or are not sure,just nip along here and ask
Everybody is here to enjoy the sim to the max and you will not find a better bunch of helpers anywhere
Trust us 🙄

whitenack Guest

Are those aircraft downloads accurate?

I mean, does the SR71 actually fly at mach-whatever, or is it just fly like a 747 with different "skin"?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

whitenack wrote:

Are those aircraft downloads accurate?

I mean, does the SR71 actually fly at mach-whatever, or is it just fly like a 747 with different "skin"?

No, the aircraft are quite accurate down to the point where you may have to unload some fuel or "cargo" if your on a short runway.
Practically every one of them fly's and handles as they should, the designers are really very good and I'm talking about the free aircraft not the super good pay type.
This isn't a game it's a simulator with ATC, GPS etc., and if you wish you can use the free lessons.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

Welcome aboard, great place here, and the flying is good too 😉
Personally, i use Additpro. It is a payware, but it helps you to install seamlessly, and more importantly, removes bad aircraft and scenery that you download and say "why did I download this?" The great part is it restores you to the original, so you don't end up with all those latent files on you system.

Good Luck man!