SearchSearch 

The thrill...oh what a feeling

Pro Member Trainee
kaz01007 Trainee

I have spent a week taking the FS2004 lessons and flying a cessna. I downloaded an Air Canada Jazz Dash-8 and did familiarlization flights.

I have just completed my first gate to gate flight (Halifax - Fredericton) and MAN, what a cool feeling.

Not great screenshots, but pretty cool for this newbie. 😀

7 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

Welcome to flyaway.
I like the screen shots, they are better than a some I have seen by much more experienced simmers.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Welcome kaz01007

Your shots will become better as you download scenery, environment upgrades and get more experience in the Flight Simulator world 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Welcome to the forums!

I downloaded that Dash 8 also, it's a sweet ride!

I agree with you it is an awesome feeling. I just made my first flight from Pittsburgh nonstop to London (no time compression)... and it was great! Took most of the day but well worth it.

If you have any questions be sure to ask, we are all pretty helpful and supportive here! Enjoy!

Great screenshots by the way!

Pro Member Trainee
kaz01007 Trainee

Belgeode,

Did you find the controls of the Dash-8 a little more sensitive than other planes?

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Wouldn't know about the controls but welcome to the forums! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

kaz01007 wrote:

Belgeode,

Did you find the controls of the Dash-8 a little more sensitive than other planes?

I've downloaded that, it's the PAD Dash-8. I found them WAY to sensitive, not very realistic flight dynamics 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Yes I agree totaly with Cheeks... the controls are way too sensitive... which is a downfall if you regularly fly in an area with crosswinds like i do (between PIT and CLE).

If you feel like spending money, a MUCH better Dash 8 is the one from Phoenix Software...

The cockpit alone is worth it, but there is so much put into the flight dynamics and so forth that I think it is worth the 10 pounds to buy it.

Easily my favorite turboprop!