SearchSearch 

when downloaded an item where do i put it so it shows on fsx

Pro Member Trainee
riley093 Trainee

ivee downloaded aircraft but i cannot get them on fsx i need to know where to save them

8 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Aldats Trainee

Thanks =D

Pro Member Trainee
Lidsrock Trainee

I am following the read me files and the post 1800 and the airplanes i have downloaded aren't showing up on my Flight Simulator X how do i get them to show up on the change aircraft page

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You put the main downloaded aircraft folder into the main aircraft folder of FSX. Located in simobjects/aircraft?

Are they for FSX downloads only and do the have a small jpg in the texture folder located in the main downloaded folder.

There are times when they will be listed as something other than you think they should be.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Lidsrock Trainee

they are in simobjects/aircraft
yes to your second question

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They are in the aircraft folder of the simobjects/aicraft folder not in the general folder with rotocraft etc, and they don't show.

Put a check in all. and go slowly through them (don't expect to see a thumbnail, they don't always show up). Then go by manufacturer.

They should show up, which are they and where did you get them from.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
jjhager Trainee

My 8 yr old is attempting to download additional aircraft from flyaways web site - when we unzip (a Northwest A320) to the "airplanes" file in FSX as instructed, the plane doesnt appear in the FSX aircraft menu. Same problem as below - and yes to the JPG question for the texture file. Can you assist? My son is an avid FSX user and is disappointed with not being able to fly the NWA plane.

Jonathan
720-218-0048

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

jjhager wrote:

My 8 yr old is attempting to download additional aircraft from flyaways web site - when we unzip (a Northwest A320) to the "airplanes" file in FSX as instructed, the plane doesnt appear in the FSX aircraft menu. Same problem as below - and yes to the JPG question for the texture file. Can you assist? My son is an avid FSX user and is disappointed with not being able to fly the NWA plane.

Jonathan
720-218-0048

As long as it a full aircraft ( not textures) and is made for FSX it should show.
There are drop down windows when your looking at all the thumbnails.
Some are for manufacturers, type of aircraft and ?publishers?

Check the box "show all" then try each category, if it's in the simobjects/aircraft folder not any other in simobjects it should show.
I've found some listed completely different than they should be.
Why...dunno, but it happens.
I hope he can find them, if not come on back and let me know what he wants and we'll try to find another.

Here are a few he can look at. The larger the download the better the aircraft (mostly sounds).

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Northwest+&CatID=fsxac&Go=Search

http://www.simviation.com/fsxjets21.htm

Radar