Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Real Environment Xtreme

Goto page 1, 2  Next

timest
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:50 am 

Not sure if you guys want to see it or not, but anyways here is the link:

Cheers
Very Happy
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:23 pm 

Those are some great shots, the scenery and detail is astounding.
Welcome to Flyaway. Cheers!
cthiggin
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:45 pm 

IS this going to be an actual, purchasable program like XGraphics, or do you have to "build your own" textures................
Thought my XGraphics was good, but WOW........................really great shots.
Thanks for submitting.

cthiggin
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:24 am 

WOW Shocked Shocked , fantastic work and welcome to Flyaway Very Happy !
SkOrPn--7
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:24 am 

Yes it's like Xgraphics and there also doing terrain packages.

Bit of reading to fully understand what there doing but it's worth the read. All three links are the same company as they have merged

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=flt1fex

http://fullterrain.com/
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:29 am 

I've got to get that flight terrainX it looks amazing! Very Happy
cthiggin
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:40 am 

(Think I lost my post - if not sorry)

I visited the sites on Real Environment Xtreme OR "whatever" it's going to be called...........................at least the starting thread site it was named Real..................

So, if I understand it, the three companies have merged/consolidated and are in beta on this product - and when RTM'd, it will be Real Environment Xtreme??????

I thought my XGraphics and Ultimate Terrain X was good, but, at least from the pics, this new one surpasses them............................

My question, as it was with both the XGraphics and UTX, was FPS hits....
Well, I can tell you, I had absolutely NONE........and I use both together at same time.

This has really whetted my appetite....

Keep the thread going with continued thoughts and news.

Thanks folks,
cthiggin
SkOrPn--7
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:57 am 

Yes the companies have joined forces and if you sift through the web site you will read that in doing so one product that was well known and to stop the confusion they renamed it to better suit the joint venture. That new name given is what your seeing now but to fully understand it all it's best if you read it yourself that way I'm not miss leading you.

FEX or Environment X is already out and can be brought but come December from what I have read there will be a new site with there own online store so things are a little confusing. Go to there download page on the terrain and you will see what is coming.
cthiggin
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:40 am 

SkOrPn--7
Thanks so much for the info...........I just needed to read further...

What's your personal thoughts on fps hits................again, I was very elated with NO fps hits on the two products I am now using....

Thanks again,
cthiggin
SkOrPn--7
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:16 am 

cthiggin wrote:
SkOrPn--7
Thanks so much for the info...........I just needed to read further...

What's your personal thoughts on fps hits................again, I was very elated with NO fps hits on the two products I am now using....

Thanks again,
cthiggin

I haven't got the product just yet because it only came out in the last 2-3 weeks and I'm currently using X Graphics just like you and from what I have read there is no FPS hit so again I personally don't see a reason to be worried.

I am getting the product but I'm waiting till December so I can buy it from there own online store where I can then have one account located in one location ofr the whole product range. There has also been some fixes for FEX so by the time I buy it I would say most of the fixes will have been dealt with. Until then I will continue to use X Graphics but FEX clearly is far superior and I'm always chasing the real look.

Trust me just take your time on the site and read it all and even click on the links to the forums to read other opinions and get better feed back. It took me about three days to visit all sites of the links I gave you and read through it all and many times re-read things to fully understand. I even sent emails to clarify a few things and they responded in there own time on a Sunday so they all seem to be on top of things and very open.
cthiggin
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:44 am 

Thanks - I'll do the reading this weekend and follow up............
So in ???Dec, we'll have a product that's "one stop shopping" to solve both terrain and sky....................without buying add-on modules........at least that's how I assimilated the very first post at top.
Thanks again, appreciate you.
cthiggin
SkOrPn--7
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:28 am 

Yeah pretty much It would seem December will be the one stop/shop but like everything I'm not concerned if the dates moved I understand that things happen and what might have been said can change.

The thing about the one stop shop is from what I have read is that the more you buy the greater discounts you will get and that to me is a big incentive to hold off. The amount of money I out lay on FSX crap makes sense for me to just hold off a little to get an account set-up when things on there end is ready to roll.

Also the reason why I'm in no hurry is that FSX Expansion Pack is only a few days away and I want that first to get a feel and do my usual tweaking. Once I have that done I will be doing a complete OS re-install come December and will install all my new addons in one clump setting things up again.

Enjoy your reading with what there up too and one other thing I must point out that most of the screenshots taken with "Flight Terrain X" they have also running "FS Global 2008".

If you don't know or understand what FS Global 2008 is then the link below will sort that out and is again worth every penny.

http://www.fsim.net/fsim2/index.asp

Just click on the picture which will take you to the page.....
cthiggin
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:06 am 

So I "think" I understand - in late Dec or whenever it's ready - we will have ONE (1) product, called "Real Environment Extreme" that will do the job of both terrain / sky - like the pics shown in first thread............

I have seen FS Global and others, but was/am "pretty" happy with GraphicX and UTX - UNTIL, I saw these photos - and the site "said" it was so good that you could run with Autogen Slider OFF - (we'll see).........

AM I correct in the first paragraph - the REX will encompass many "modules" / "programs" that are currently out there - and that's because with the mergers etc. - the new company will also merge the "best" of several packages......................

Don't mean to be such a "stupido" here ..........just want to "finally" understand what we'll be looking for.........

Thanks so much friend,
cthiggin
oldsamer
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:14 pm 

What's the taildragger without wing struts?
bawls327
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:03 pm 

HOLY SMOKES that looks amazing. Wow that just looks real. It is amazing what everything has come to from FS98 etc.
timest
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:43 pm 

here's what REX is looking like integrated with FEX Smile

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129350
cthiggin
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:04 pm 

So - again - I posted and have the understanding....................
WHEN the product is released is will be called REAL ENVIRONMENT XTREME - REX - and it will encompass BOTH "SKY" and GROUND TEXTURE" like the first post???????????????????

AM I correct in the assumption????

Went to the sites listed in first post and after reading all of their data, they are saying that the FPS hits are absolutely minimal..............which is great.......................I have NO fps hits with GraphicX and Ultimate Terrain X, which are very good..............but if a "picture is worth a thousand words" - the REX is superior to both of the products I'm now using.

Thanks
cthiggin
SkOrPn--7
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:49 am 

timest wrote:
here's what REX is looking like integrated with FEX Smile

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129350

Looking good timest and BTW congrats with hooking up with the team at FEX..........
abmukh80
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:20 am 

What kind of a machine config do you need to run REX? I'm thinking of an upgrade if I could get a brief I'd go that way!!!!

Any way I could pay any amount for such sceneries!!!

Cheers
timest
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:54 am 

cthiggin:

we are still working out the details.. stand by and I will let ya know when we are sure of the direction.

abmukh80: there isn't anything special about running these textures... these are all the same size as the defaults, so n worries. Just clever texture creation Smile

and SkOrPn--7 thanks for that! Very Happy

Thanks gents for the kind words and STAY tuned Wink

Tim
timest
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:17 am 

Hey gentlemen Smile just an update, the website for REX is up and runnin.. so if you get a chance go to the downloads area of the website and d/l the preview pack to get a general idea of the scope of REX. And by the way, REX will not be integrated into FEX, so no need to have FEX installed. Take care all! Smile

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com

Regards
Tim
SkOrPn--7
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:11 am 

timest wrote:
And by the way, REX will not be integrated into FEX, so no need to have FEX installed. Take care all! Smile

Regards
Tim

I'm I missing something here? Are you saying that FEX and REX are no longer teaming up together and you are now going it alone? You guys still talking or did the Censored hit the fan Very Happy

Censored By Radar
timest
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:41 pm 

SkOrPn--7 wrote:
timest wrote:
And by the way, REX will not be integrated into FEX, so no need to have FEX installed. Take care all! Smile

Regards
Tim

I'm I missing something here? Are you saying that FEX and REX are no longer teaming up together and you are now going it alone? You guys still talking or did the Censored hit the fan Very Happy

Censored By Radar

SkOrPn--7, yes saying that exactly, but not just 'me' we have a team, and the decision is final. No Censored hit the fan, everything is fine. BUT stay tuned for an announcement soon regarding our direction Wink

Censored By Radar
The next one that says that will have his post deleted.
cthiggin
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:46 am 

timest - You site looks great..................and the fact it's DX10 compatible is good to hear.
Just installed Acceleration, without a hitch................runs well and the DX10 graphics are definitely better than FSX, basic.

I have been running UTX and Graphic X simeltaneously with FSX, prior to Accell....upgrade.......................and the fps's would go through the roof and graphics were so much better than basic FSX.

Now - with Accell....running, no add-on's booted, the fps are better than just FSX basic..............graphics are an improvement.

HOWEVER, with Accell....when booting up the 2 add-ons, which are very good, the fps's STILL go throught the roof.................... BUT the graphics just go to crap...........................emailed both vendors and they feel it's the nVidia Driver...............?????

From your recent posts and REX site, you folks say their is a minimal fps hit - this is GOOD - and DX10 compatible - this is also GOOD............

FINALLY, in your estimation - WILL REX be a good "replacement" for both UTX and Graphic X - (UTX really does a great job with terrain, airports, roads, rivers, etc.............and hopefully REX addresses both of these areas)

Just need some understanding and direction...............of course you want to sell your product, and I'll be first in line - I just need to know IF I still need to run UTX for terrain???

Thanks and good work my friend.

cthiggin
SkOrPn--7
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:50 am 

Ok timest thanks for that are you also doing a weather engine as a complete package?
timest
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:00 pm 

Keep an eye posted out on our forum or the news section of the site Smile
timest
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:51 pm 

skorp.. just FYI.. I responded to an inquiry of yours on fsw. Just in case you miss it!
cthiggin
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:38 pm 

Hello timest,
Where have you been?????????????
Sent you pm's over a week ago..................with no response.........
GLAD you're still around and kicking..............
Thanks,
cthiggin
timest
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:03 pm 

Tom sorry haven't checked my PM inbox Sad you are now added to my MSN.. next time you log on you should see a message that pops up to accept or deny. As long as you don't deny we'll be fine LOL!

Tim
SkOrPn--7
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:53 pm 

timest wrote:
skorp.. just FYI.. I responded to an inquiry of yours on fsw. Just in case you miss it!

Never would I miss it I keep a close eye on your work hehe and btw thanks Laughing