Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Scenic tour of Ontario

Pro Member Trainee
kaz01007 Trainee

To make practice more interesting, I've decided to take a tour of Ontario Canada, while practicing navigation and landings (more fun than simple touch and go's in a traffic pattern, eh?)

First I had to move from home airport (Oshawa - CYOO) to my first destination, Niagara Falls. Here, I'm turning to fly over my house and get back over the lake.

I love the scenary up high and can't wait for even better scenery comng out soon with Real Environment Extreme

Finally landing at Niagra airport KIAG...best landing so far

Next up are the falls!

Next flight I'm off for a falls tour...but the graphic setting wasn't what I thought.

I'm going to have to tweak that I think. I also just learned it is possible to zoom out from within the cockpit, giving a pretty cool view!

Last edited by kaz01007 on Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

Awesome screenshots bro. Are you doing better on your landings and take offs?

Pro Member Trainee
kaz01007 Trainee

Take offs are going well and landings are coming along.
I hit the pavement on this one, even though I was off to the right.

My joystick is very sensitive and I get a lot of pitch when turning, though.
I tried adjustiung the sensitivity but it didn't do much.

Practice...practice

Pro Member Chief Captain
bawls327 Chief Captain

Well its good that your doing better, bet your getting happier each time you make a good landing or take off. What kind of joystick do you have?

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Very nice shots Kaz! I especially like the falls one! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris Morris (morris91) Chief Captain

Nice pics great flight i also loved the falls pic

Pro Member Trainee
kaz01007 Trainee

OK. Take off from homebase Oshawa CYOO and flying to Wiarton CYVV - closest airport to the best SCUBA diving in Ontario: Tobermory (I'll fly this in a float plane next time. Flowerpot Island here I come!)

This was my first VOR to VOR flight properly (as best I can) navigating in the Beech. Totally cool that I could do it. Now I have the confidence for longer flights.