SGA Aircraft Panel

Pro Member Trainee
gabejo Trainee

I downloaded the SGA Super 83 and also Doug Goldings superb panel. The problem is the model defaults to one of FS9s panels. Is the add on incompatable, or is there a line of text which needs to be edited?
Thanks

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Not sure of the panel you mention,how have you installed the panel?

Pro Member Trainee
gabejo Trainee

The Panel is Paul Goldings "green" (old aqua cockpit color) which I downloaded from FS Dome. It orginally was a fs 2000, but has been made to operate with fs9. I already have this panel on another MD which was included in the download file. I don't know if this helps. I originally used Flight Sim manager to download and install the file. When I fired up the sim, the default Boeing 737? (Seven something) panel popped up. I deleted the panel folder and replaced it with the downloaded Golding folder - restarted and the same default panel popped up.
Thoughts?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

It seems that it may not be fully compatable,is there a patch for it?
If the other panel works(is it the same as you want?)copy the panel folder to the other aircraft and overwrite

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Oh yeah! the real-world old aqua colored panels..all chipped with paint missing here and there and the tail # written in a black sharpie ink pen freehand! Exposed rivets and a ton and a half of good old wear and tear and re-work. I have seen many in my day with Delta!

On push to hardstand at night we sit in the left seat and ride the breaks so that the push tug does not burn its breaks out weekly trying to stop 727's etc. a multitude of times. Not only that but if the aircraft ever got away someone would have to stop it. I done seen a few aircraft who have done unbelieveable miles. Something about those old panels is very very cool. Clicking and whirring w/ that old analog.

Sometimes I will fish around a bit next to the engineers station before starting the APU and air conditioner for the push from the gate and read the maintenance logs and stations where work has been recently conducted. Of course work is being done more often than not. Much at Los Angeles, Dallas Fort Worth and Atlanta Hartsfield Int'l. Logbook also shows exactly where she has been and the question usually arises ..."where hasn't she been!!" IF the passengers only knew what these venerable planes go through!! --Goes without saying that everyone has the highest respect for the Delta A&P mechanics.

Last edited by George (OrlandoGeorge) on Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

gabejo wrote:

The Panel is Paul Goldings "green" (old aqua cockpit color) which I downloaded from FS Dome. It orginally was a fs 2000, but has been made to operate with fs9. I already have this panel on another MD which was included in the download file. I don't know if this helps. I originally used Flight Sim manager to download and install the file. When I fired up the sim, the default Boeing 737? (Seven something) panel popped up. I deleted the panel folder and replaced it with the downloaded Golding folder - restarted and the same default panel popped up.
Thoughts?

First thought, check the aircraft.cfg file - does it refer to the right panel / panel config name, etcetera?

pulling the first straw 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...